T.U.F. Season 13

devildog47959

But I can see Brock being that kind of guy, someone who wants to look good on camera, but isnt the person he is. and Brock is sick now, so Dos Santos will be fighting Shane Carwin. This will be a great stand up battle.

Well Brock may want to look a little better for the camera now, but previous issues prove that at one point he really wanted to portray the jerk and tough guy persona when the camera were rolling.  So if anything he's learned to balance that one out.

If they have Carwin involved now it will be much more sledge hammer boxing for sure.

But I can see Brock being that kind of guy, someone who wants to look good on camera, but isnt the person he is. and Brock is sick now, so Dos Santos will be fighting Shane Carwin. This will be a great stand up battle.

I don't.  Lenn was just mad that he didn't get the wildcard.  He was just trying to say something to make Brock look bad because he was angry at him.  Why do guys get so mad when they had their chance and lost.  Get over it dude.  Maybe you should have won the first time. 

Lenn was just mad that he didn't get the wildcard.  He was just trying to say something to make Brock look bad because he was angry at him.  Why do guys get so mad when they had their chance and lost.  Get over it dude.  Maybe you should have won the first time. 

Completely agree with this Smooth....when Lenn was droning on and on about how he deserved the wildcard (at some point everyone seemed to start ignoring him and just letting him babble) - and he was saying "Who here worked harder than me in a fight?  Who?  Anyone?  No?  I didn't think so...."  I was so wanting one of the other fighters to throw out "uh...the guy that BEAT you maybe??"

But, Lenn aside, I do think we got a little insight into the Lesnar camp when his fighter for the wildcard match was very surprised that Brock was in the cage giving him pointers pre-fight, and mentioned that it would have been nice to be more like that since Day 1.

Rather than just go for the big names, Dana should have put some really good lightweights as the coaches -- guys who know this style of fighting, guys who can get in the octagon and show these guys techniques that they will use again and again.  Brock and Junior aren't completely at fault with their lack of coaching this season -- if you compare them to GSP and Koschek it's just not the same.  So either bring in coaches of a similar weight, or go the other route others have mentioned -- hire two staffs of really good, balance, well-rounded coaches and have them as permanent training partners for the show.

Then again, the show is really half about the fighting, and half about the drama they like to pump up and portray

Rather than just go for the big names, Dana should have put some really good lightweights as the coaches

Rumors are that Urijah will be a coach next season. He told Dana he wants the spot. Thats how you know he will be a good coach, the UFC didnt contact him asking, he went to them demanding the spot.

I think Shamar should have won last night. He controled the octagon and was more effective, all Cope did was hit him when defending a shot and go backwards, i dont know how Cope can win backing up the entire fight. Yes he defended the shots but what else

I think Shamar should have won last night. He controled the octagon and was more effective, all Cope did was hit him when defending a shot and go backwards, i dont know how Cope can win backing up the entire fight. Yes he defended the shots but what else

Neither guy should have won.  That fight was terrible.

I think Bailey has a much better upside as a fighter.  He just didn't go out and get the job done last night.  Unfortunately, Cope did just enough in the eyes of the judges.

Very bad call by the judges, then the disrespect by Dana. I love the ultimate fighter but its going to be hard to watch after the robbery by the judges. Shamar should have thrown more punches I guess Cope was running scared.

Very bad call by the judges, then the disrespect by Dana. I love the ultimate fighter but its going to be hard to watch after the robbery by the judges. Shamar should have thrown more punches I guess Cope was running scared.

Robbery?  Did you watch the fight?  Standing in the center and pushing a guy against a cage doesn't score a lot of points.  I'm not saying Cope did a whole lot more, but I really don't think it was an injustice either way.  I wouldn't have minded a third round, because neither guy did much so it was hard to separate between the two. 

Robbery?  Did you watch the fight?  Standing in the center and pushing a guy against a cage doesn't score a lot of points. 

It did for Rashad Evans when he beat Rampage that whole fight was Rashad pushign Rampage against the cage.

I was bummed that after the fight when Shamar was talking to Dana he started making excuses...saying his back was strained and that was why he couldn't finish a takedown and just was pushing him against the fence.