RANKINGS UPDATED

RankingsGuy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Perkey put Escobedo on his back with a tilt?  I was there, just don't remember it being a  scramble.

Perkey threw Escobedo and had him on his back for a good 30 seconds. I don't believe this was a fluke by any means. I would put Shane in the catergory of one of the best wrestlers to never win state. 

chamberlain is deffently a pinner. At folk state he lookedo impressuve . He pinned zeke schultz . last saturday we were at ac. I got to watch roe wrestle at 119. Impressive . a couple of times he was top sixteen & now can't catch the to p twenty? Also gerber at 125 looked impressive

chamberlain is deffently a pinner. At folk state he lookedo impressuve . He pinned zeke schultz . last saturday we were at ac. I got to watch roe wrestle at 119. Impressive . a couple of times he was top sixteen & now can't catch the to p twenty? Also gerber at 125 looked impressive

WOW.

Perkey threw Escobedo and had him on his back for a good 30 seconds. I don't believe this was a fluke by any means. I would put Shane in the catergory of one of the best wrestlers to never win state. 

Hmm...that's not how I remember it.  I thought Shane was on his back and rolled Escobedo to his back.  That's why I mentioned it.  Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. 

And I agree that Shane was one of the best to never win state--I was talking about the nature of the move based on what I thought I remembered.

A story of two wrestlers and wondering why?. Both wrestlers at 125 last year, both bump up a couple of weight classes this year, both wrestle a similar schedule until last weekend.. The wrestler that went up 3 weight classes and finished lower at semi-state ranked all year (with no notable wins) currently in the top ten. ?? The other wrestler finished higher at semi-state and is undefeated so far all this year no ranking at all. I'm thinking rankings guy ranks more on input from coaches and hype (in some cases.)

A story of two wrestlers and wondering why?. Both wrestlers at 125 last year, both bump up a couple of weight classes this year, both wrestle a similar schedule until last weekend.. The wrestler that went up 3 weight classes and finished lower at semi-state ranked all year (with no notable wins) currently in the top ten. ?? The other wrestler finished higher at semi-state and is undefeated so far all this year no ranking at all. I'm thinking rankings guy ranks more on input from coaches and hype (in some cases.)

Its worked pretty well so far, if it ain't broken why fix it?  By the way, "finishing higher at semi-state" doesn't mean much when there is no true finishes past 4th.

Its worked pretty well so far, if it ain't broken why fix it?  By the way, "finishing higher at semi-state" doesn't mean much when there is no true finishes past 4th.

I fully realize there are no places after fourth, but if you go out in first found you didn't go as far in the tournament as some who went to ticket round. Just sayin.

I think that you are missing some good heavyweights in the rankings.

Tyler Melby from Westfield is 31-1

Blake Ford is 16-0

They should be there don't you think?

Cooper from HNorth is still ranked #5 but hasn't had any action this year?  Didn't wrestle last weekend at Avon.  Any word on his success this year? 

Feel free to take your stab at the rankings any time.  We would love to have a "guest" ranker every now and then.  :)

Have no desire to rank, thank you. Was just wondering and posing some questions. Seems people get rather defensive sometimes.

To me rankings are like assembly instructions, They are nothing more than another mans opinion.. :)

Blake Ford is 16-0

Cooper from HNorth is still ranked #5 but hasn't had any action this year?  Didn't wrestle last weekend at Avon.  Any word on his success this year? 

Cooper had a broken hand I believe.  He must be slated for return during the post season for him to be ranked.

Blake Ford is 16-0

Cooper has been out with a hand injury from football.  He will be back for conference next week at the earliest. 

Mustang Fan,

First of all, nobody would get offended if you didn't implicate someone else in your post.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you are talking about.  Maybe you should send a personal email to the Rankings Guy when you are implying that about another person's kid.  In another post under "Undefeated Wrestlers" you implied that the same wrestler might not have wrestled at Edgewood Duals because PJ Montgomery was there.  Like I said then, PJ was at 145 all day and the kid you are implying about has been at 140 all year and was out because of a personal issue.  I wish that you would have said something before Scottsburg and I would have set up a meeting with you and the kid's father so he could have explained it to you personally and I am not meaning that in a bad way at all.  Your son is a very good wrestler and I think that he should be ranked as well.  I know when the two met last year that it was a very good match and wished that they would have met at Scottsburg this year.  By the way, PJ is a great wrestler and knocked my nephew out of the semi state a couple of years ago but I have no ill feelings about him.  I wish him well....

Maybe in the future you should put a little more thought into your comments before you post it then you won't put people on the defensive.  Now relax and enjoy your son's accomplishments......

Just a thought....

Mustang Fan,

First of all, nobody would get offended if you didn't implicate someone else in your post.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you are talking about.  Maybe you should send a personal email to the Rankings Guy when you are implying that about another person's kid.  In another post under "Undefeated Wrestlers" you implied that the same wrestler might not have wrestled at Edgewood Duals because PJ Montgomery was there.  Like I said then, PJ was at 145 all day and the kid you are implying about has been at 140 all year and was out because of a personal issue.  I wish that you would have said something before Scottsburg and I would have set up a meeting with you and the kid's father so he could have explained it to you personally and I am not meaning that in a bad way at all.  Your son is a very good wrestler and I think that he should be ranked as well.  I know when the two met last year that it was a very good match and wished that they would have met at Scottsburg this year.  By the way, PJ is a great wrestler and knocked my nephew out of the semi state a couple of years ago but I have no ill feelings about him.  I wish him well....

Maybe in the future you should put a little more thought into your comments before you post it then you won't put people on the defensive.  Now relax and enjoy your son's accomplishments......

Just a thought....

rdrodd1,

You said it all, lol Nevermind ;D

Just a thought....

Appreciate your thought. That said. I though I did put some thought into it, I never mentioned anyone by name. I would never say anything negative about another wrestler, I may however pose a question, which is all I did in previous posts. As far as the wrestler with the personal issue, matters not to me who or when he wrestles, just used that as an example and didn't mean anthing thing by it. It seems though that some questions get some people excited. This is my sons senior year so my time on here is getting short. I've always tried to provide good information on whatever topic I posted on and never anything negative. I'm not upset at all. Rankings and awards are soon forgotten, it's what one learns about themself in this sport and carries with them through life that counts.

As far as my sons accomplishments, his season could be finished due to an injury, we will find out in a week or so

Maybe in the future you should put a little more thought into your comments before you post it then you won't put people on the defensive.  Now relax and enjoy your son's accomplishments......

Just a thought....

Appreciate your thought. That said. I though I did put some thought into it, I never mentioned anyone by name. I would never say anything negative about another wrestler, I may however pose a question, which is all I did in previous posts. As far as the wrestler with the personal issue, matters not to me who or when he wrestles, just used that as an example and didn't mean anthing thing by it. It seems though that some questions get some people excited. This is my sons senior year so my time on here is getting short. I've always tried to provide good information on whatever topic I posted on and never anything negative. I'm not upset at all. Rankings and awards are soon forgotten, it's what one learns about themself in this sport and carries with them through life that counts.

As far as my sons accomplishments, his season could be finished due to an injury, we will find out in a week or so

Well put Mustang Fan and I wasn't upset with you by any means.  I know that you mean well and I understand about your last year in wrestling.  AJ is a good kid I'm sure as most wrestlers are and he is a great wrestler.  I hate to hear that this injury could be a career ending one for him.  Tell him to keep his head up.  Let me know how it goes for him.

Don't worry about this being the last year for you guys.  Before you know it you will have grandchildren and then it will start all over again LOL

Good luck to you guys and see you at semi state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.