MWC Wrestler of the Year

I think it is between 2 wrestlers. Dorris 145 Pioneer & T.Hileman 160 NW, these 2 should win there weight class at the MWC Tournament on 1/22.  Dorris has had more success in the state tournament, but you cant really judge this yrs award on the past. So far this year Hileman has had the better year. Both should be sectional champs, and at the very least SSQ if not SQ.

It all comes down to the coaches vote, both wrestlers are deserving each one would be a solid pick, but knowing Hileman personally & seeing how hard he has worked over the years he gets my vote. He has really come along way. He is the captain of the Viking Team & has led NW to the best season in school history with a 22-4 record overall and 3 tournament trophies.

Season Records:

Hileman 25-1

Dorris  24-4 (undefeated at 145)

Career W-L Records?

Dorris- SQ, 2X SSQ

Hileman- 2X RQ

I would say it's up for grabs between Hileman & Dorris.. Holiday is a outstanding wrestler but it's def between those two. Hileman has had a great year & so has Dorris. If it goes by record then Hileman would receive it. I heard Dorris had a bad weekend at the Jeff invite, but wins a win and a loss is a loss. I wish they were the same weight, I remember back in middle school try wrestled a few times, Hileman winning all of them as he went a school record 35-0 all the way through middle school.

I think whoever wins conference will get the award, weather it be NW or P.

If I had to guess I'd say Hileman, his record is outstanding, & just offers so much for the team. Great kid, an amazing leader.

Should be close, good luck to both wrestlers.

Wil Holloway from Caston wrestles 135. He is 28-1 on the year and 121-34 career. He started wrestling as a freshman and had never set foot on a mat until then. He finished 2nd in conf. and sectional his freshman year. Won conf. and sectional his sophmore and junior year. Was a ssq last year. Just fyi for those of you who are interested.

Wil Holloway from Caston wrestles 135. He is 28-1 on the year and 121-34 career. He started wrestling as a freshman and had never set foot on a mat until then. He finished 2nd in conf. and sectional his freshman year. Won conf. and sectional his sophmore and junior year. Was a ssq last year. Just fyi for those of you who are interested.

That's a pretty impressive stat sheet

aaron wagoner has the best creditials i believe

33-1

2x semi state qualifier

2xconference champ

I am 24-4 undeafeated at 145 had bad tourn with fever and dehydration shouldnt of wrestled

conference champ

2xsect champ

reg champ

reg runner up

2x semi state qual

state qual 2009

lost round to go last year to kid who took 3rd at state

only have wrestled two state tourn series freshmen year hospitalized durin sect.

Will is also very deserving and hileman too, if i could vote mine would be wags he has wrestled amazing with only loss to 10th ranked brown of LJ 4-0

i see wil as a strong possiblity only losing a tough match to moore of fountain central 4-3 he is a captin for caston he is a great all around athlete all conf. in football this year a semi state qualifer last year lost to the state champion of his weight class at semistate last year,, He was the rochester invite champion this year 16 teams are there he won in the finals he won by major over austin nealson from tippy vally 14-5, if he reapeats sectional and conf. champion in good fashion i see him as a top possiblity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.