Rulon Gardner

If I read it right, on the commercial it said starting wgt was 474

Whew!  I thought there for a minute that he had really gotten fat.    :o

Should be interestingto hear his story directly from him, especially the frame of mind that he went through to go from Gold Medal wrestler to obese.  I would think that he posses the ability to call up the will power and determination to achieve incredible results, like he must have done to be a Gold Medal wrestler. 

Did he have a tragic love affair that left him a broken man, or what???

He probably kept his olympic training appetite and calorie consumption but stopped training. Simple as that, but I'm sure they will put some kind of spin on it with all this amazing guy has been through.

LOL...my man card got revoked the day after I got married;) I watched a few seasons of this and actually there are some things you can learn about nutrition and working out...just gotta deal with the reality drama.  But I at least like to know that if I ever get to big I can lose it....

Am I wrong or did I hear him say that this was the "hardest" thing he ever did?  I guess he forgot about wrestling against the Russian? 

He did'nt weigh 475 lbs when we wrestled the russian. Heck walking a flight of tall steps would be a harsh workout with the present Rulon. I did not take it that the workout itself was harder, just that it was his hardest workout (body condition) ever.

I was completly blown away when i seen Rulon, i sat in the sauna with him in 05 at the otc and he was still in good shape.  It was crazy to see him like that, but with his drive and unhumane ability to sweat and if he dont get voted off he should have a shot at the title...

Losing your man card for watching Rulon? Losing your man card for supporting one of the greatest faces in US Olympic wrestling? Losing your man card for following a US Olympic gold medalist in his quest to get his life back on track?

A cynic?

I am with him, nothing wrong with supporting our own.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.