PRO DEBUT VIDEO NICK KRAUS

nkraus

When I first saw the knee I though O Noes!  He was an awkward opponent for sure.  Once you got side control I thought to myself....sweet then you immediately went for full mount and I yelled at my laptop...you were soon back into side control however and it was game over.  Very nice Nick!  Thanks for sharing with us.....an my .02 when in side control keep the advantage and just deal punishment...who cares about full mount........not this guy.

I know we have discussed this before but where are you training out of now (or are you still a nomad).  Also, what is your day job?

You said in another thread that you rollled with pee wee....you didnt spar with him did you?  I heard that is one of the reasons he had to find a new camp because he needs big guys to spar with ....as he hits/kicks so freakin' hard.

I've been working on the striking, but I'd rather go to the ground.  In the 11 fights I've had I've only stood up with somebody and decided to "bang" once.  I got stuffed on two takedowns and then took him down finally, he reveresed me and we both stood up and then I decided to throw.  It worked out ok. 

CSM-  You made me self-conscious so I started watching this video a few times.  It really wasn't a bad shot or "dive", but yes I could have set it up better or waited.  ---The guy that I fought there has years of Thai fighting experience though, so either way I didn't plan to stand up with him. 

• 1 month later...

Ur lucky that knee didn't catch ur nose dude do u work on ne striking cause that diving at the legs isn't gna work in the octagon

Didnt really seem like he "dove at his legs"... The guy stood straight up, Nick lowered his level and the shot was right there.... Nice debut Nick...Gotta be careful underhooking the leg to pass on those tall guys...Triagles get thown up real quick with those daddy long legs haha

thanks----i saw that and realized that too----i DID DIVE on a shot at my last fight though and it cost me-i took a knee to the "bread basket" as we split and i hit the mat-the kid threw 2 punches and the referee stopped it(the punches never hit me , BUT i put myself in a bad situation and left it in the ref's hands--the knee hurt though haha )---

i fight this coming TUESDAY MARCH 1st @ Pepsi Coliseum in Indianapolis

• 2 weeks later...