NEXT RANKINGS UPDATE INFO

RankingsGuy

I gave two at the end of my post and the third is unnecessary because I will not say anything negative about young wrestlers...well mayde not negative but it would surely be taken as such.

The kid beat two studs and is getting better every day. We'll see soon enough.

Do you think the other kids aren't getting better each day?  He beat some good wrestlers, but he also lost to some too.  You keep forgetting about those losses and they are key to where you are placed in the rankings. 

How do you suggest the rankings be done, based of tangible wins and losses or on "styles, match-ups and flukes" as you suggest?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of  questions for rankings guy, and with no opinion one way or another.  Just curious

1.  How is that Gregory is still ranked # 1 at 130 for state, but # 1 at 135 for merrillville semi state

2.  How did Chad Miller from Valpo suddenly appear in top ten at 130 for state with no notable wins listed.

3.  How did Padilla drop from top 16 at state at 130.

Thanks in advance

Not to be a buzz kill by getting off the "MILF" topic you guys got off track with haha.  but could someone please address my question.  haha

I think RankingsGuy should use the same criteria they use for college wrestling.  Oh, wait, he does!  :D

I appreciate all ofthe RankingsGuy's hard work, thought and effort.  Unlike most involved in rankings in any sport, he is willing to explain his logic. 

Give the guy some credit, this isn't his first stab at ranking wrestlers in Indiana . . . . .

I think RankingsGuy should use the same criteria they use for college wrestling.  Oh, wait, he does!   :D

I appreciate all ofthe RankingsGuy's hard work, thought and effort.  Unlike most involved in rankings in any sport, he is willing to explain his logic. 

Give the guy some credit, this isn't his first stab at ranking wrestlers in Indiana . . . . .

I say rank the moms on the beach and at the meets, two totally different rankings.

And I think the rankings guys has made Indianamat.com better because hes right on with his rankings and does explain his reasoning.  Best wrestling site in the midwest

I looked at last years rankings after state and on average he had about 12 of 16 ranked at state and really close to those placements. The guy does his homework and I really appreciate all the time and effort he puts in! Thank you sir!!

Who is Rankingsguy? Only thing I thought I saw somone said he was a two time state champ.

How about we thank the RankingsGuy for everything that he does....He provides us all some great information weather we believe it or not......Thanks to him, we have a lot of great information to read and comment on. 

Keep up the great work....

Penn wins all 5 team matches at Bellmont with replacements at 130 and 171 all day.

Need verification but I believe Whitco's Jordan Gilbert (21-0)(Ranked 14 at 119) bumped up to Wrestle Penn's Tyler Chapple. Chapple wins 9 - 4. Chapple wins all 5 Matches with 4 wins by pin

Alex Gregory at 135 also wins all 5 matches with 4 of 5 wins coming by pin. I'll try to update more later if no one beats me to it.

Ben Lenig for Penn at 130 wins in quadruple O.T. vs. Bellmont. What a match!

Penn's Grant Anglemyer ar 145 wins all 5 matches including a 2-0 win over Bloomington South's Ben Farmer.

Penn's Devon Regan at 215 wins all 5 matches with 4 wins by pin including a 2-1 win over Bellmont's Thatcher (match called with 20 sec. remaining because of blood time)

#15 Dezmen McGinley (160) of Greenfield Central beat #6 Austin Neibarger of HSE today 8-6.  He lost to #2 at 171 Tyler Willis from Cathedral by fall. He is (25-2) on the season.

Ian Early (171)  of Greenfield-Central lost to  # 5 Mike Smith of North Central for the second time this season by a score of 6-0, he is now (24-3) on the season.

Also #12 Josh Farrell (119) beat Brandon Preston of Logansport 9-6 today, who beat Venezia of Cathedral also today. Farrell is (20-2) on the season. ( For some reason Cathedral decided to forfeit against Farrell rather than put out Venezia.)

#15 Dezmen McGinley (160) of Greenfield Central beat #6 Austin Neibarger of HSE today 8-6.  He lost to #2 at 171 Tyler Willis from Cathedral by fall. He is (25-2) on the season.

Neibarger v McGinley came down to an end of the match "4 pt move" in favor of McGinley.  Roll the tape on that one . . .

Willis over Neibarger 4-3.

Neibarger v McGinley came down to an end of the match "4 pt move" in favor of McGinley.  Roll the tape on that one . . .

Willis over Neibarger 4-3.

Well maybe Neibarger shouldnt lay on his back and give up 4 points when he is only up by 2, so you can roll the tape on that!  ;D Such a good wrestler should know how to stay in good position with under a minute to go, Dezmen got the 4 cause he wrestled smart and capitalized on Neibargers mistakes. You can't take anything away from his win.

Well maybe Neibarger shouldnt lay on his back and give up 4 points when he is only up by 2, so you can roll the tape on that!  ;D Such a good wrestler should know how to stay in good position with under a minute to go, Dezmen got the 4 cause he wrestled smart and capitalized on Neibargers mistakes. You can't take anything away from his win.

I wasn't taking anything away from McGinley. He rolled into a position and capitalized. Good scramble. Timing was questionable, but good wrestling.

Just like Willis capitalized on him by fall in under 1 minute.

Calm down.

Let me qualify this by saying that Rankings Guy had fantastic career and that he has had far more success than most if not all of us had on the mat (me included as I was lucky to be considered average).  Top 20 all time may be stretching it though.  Here are 20 guys in the last 10 years who are at least comparable.

Alex Tsirtsis

Jason Tsirtsis

Blake Maurer

Angel Escobedo

Andrew Howe

Reese Humphrey

Josh Harper

Sean Macmurray

Matt Coughlin

Jake O?Brien

Frankie Porras

Eric Galka

Ian Hinton

Andre Hernandez

Eric Roach

Brandon Wright

Cody Phillips

Craig Weinzapfel

Dexter Larimore

Brennan Cosgrove

Cashe Qurioga???

At Avon Super Six...

#1 Mitch Sliga (Fishers) beat #14 Daniel Campbell (Lafayette Harrison) by fall (3rd period) and beat #9 Alex Evans (Huntington North) by fall (1st period)

#16 Jordan Lile (Fishers) lost to #6 Reise Overby (Lafayette Harrison) 1-3

I wasn't taking anything away from McGinley. He rolled into a position and capitalized. Good scramble. Timing was questionable, but good wrestling.

Just like Willis capitalized on him by fall in under 1 minute.

Calm down.

Well yeah, headlocks do that to you, either way it wasn't under a minute. In the first period? Yes. Under a minute? No. Thanks for playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.