• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig Weinzapfel

Dexter Larimore

Brennan Cosgrove

All won one state title.

Dexter was ranked #1 in the country after his Sr. year and had 2 runner up finishes, one as a sophomore at heavyweight.

I thought Weinzapfel had 2 so if that's the case then I should have left him off the list based on statistics alone but I think an arguement can be made here.

There are obvious reasons why Cosgrove should be listed here even with only one title

15qddut.jpg

I wish I understood what this meant.  I was in no way, shape, or form hating on Cashe by excluding him from the list and the statement you quoted me above was not meant as any disrespect either.  Obviously a great wrestler with a solid college career already started.  I personally think he should be on the list but I was going for people who's resume was similar or exceded.  Just trying to be objective, not hating.

According to the IHSAA site, Craig Weinzapfel won a title as a sophomore at 112 and a senior at 145.  

David Palmer -  State runner up, 3x State Champion, 2 time college American.

Can we get him on the list?

Just to clarify, I am not creating some sort of an official "good wrestlers of Indiana" list that needs to be added to or subtracted from.  I just, from the top of my head, listed individuals in the past decade or so that had similar acomplishments to the rankings guy who is again a very good wrestler and had a steller career.  I was only trying to prove the point that Top 20 in Indiana History is a very exclusive club and that the term shouldn't be taken lightly.  I apologize for hating on, offending, ommiting, and misrepresenting anyone in the creation of this list.

the next rankings will hopefully be up by tuesday night or wednesday.  i have been under the weather, so it set me back a bit. all of the results are put into the system, but i still have the task of re-ordering all of the weights to reflect this past wknd's results.

Craig Weinzapfel

Dexter Larimore

Brennan Cosgrove

All won one state title.

Come on Y2 get your facts straight...I may have to change my name back to the original username!  Weinzapfel was a 2x and gave Tshirts more then he wanted...Cashe isnt close to the list

Bash 513 and Y2 is a stud,

Bash 513 Your top 20 in the last 10 years isn't valid without having Cashe' listed in that group. 

Do you even know his accomplishments??

4 time state qualifier Q,2nd,1st,3rd

3 time NHSCA All-American 8th soph,7th junior,2nd as a senior

Junior Freestyle Champ

NCAA Div 1 AA 6th as a true freshman

Bash 513 you stated, ?Cashe only won one state title.  While the argument could be made, I went with people who's numbers supported the claim.?

Well his numbers CAN support the claim, looking at the 20 wrestlers resume?s you listed.

1. There are 3 NHSCA Senior Finalists Larimore and Coughlin were champs, Alex Tsirtsis 2nd.  Cashe? 2nd 

2. There are 7 Fargo finalists Wright and Tsirtsis @ Cadet/Fila Cadet Level champs n FS. Angel, Andre, Alex, and Reece 2nd in Junior FS. Reece champ n Junior GR. Howe, Coughlin, & Cashe? Junior FS Champs.

3. There are 6 NCAA Div 1 AA or Champs. Angle (4-time AA) and Howe (2-time AA and counting) both champs, Reece(2-time AA) was a finalist, and Alex, Andre, Matt were 1 time AA?s. But only 2 wrestlers have achieved AA status their true freshman year in the past 10 years, Andrew and Cashe?.

Bash 513 you stated, ?I personally think he should be on the list but I was going for people who's resume was similar or exceded.?

Who on the list has exceeded Cashe?s  accomplishments other than a few individuals mentioned above???

Y2 is a Stud you stated, ?Weinzapfel was a 2x and gave Tshirts more then he wanted...Cashe isnt close to the list.?

Well posted above are his accomplishments, so I ask you how is Cashe? not even close to the list????

Coach Weimer

Another thing, Nate Moore & Camden Eppert I feel should be on this list also.

Bash 513 and Y2 is a stud,

Bash 513 Your top 20 in the last 10 years isn't valid without having Cashe' listed in that group. 

Do you even know his accomplishments??

4 time state qualifier Q,2nd,1st,3rd

3 time NHSCA All-American 8th soph,7th junior,2nd as a senior

Junior Freestyle Champ

NCAA Div 1 AA 6th as a true freshman

Bash 513 you stated, ?Cashe only won one state title.  While the argument could be made, I went with people who's numbers supported the claim.?

Well his numbers CAN support the claim, looking at the 20 wrestlers resume?s you listed.

1. There are 3 NHSCA Senior Finalists Larimore and Coughlin were champs, Alex Tsirtsis 2nd.  Cashe? 2nd 

2. There are 7 Fargo finalists Wright and Tsirtsis @ Cadet/Fila Cadet Level champs n FS. Angel, Andre, Alex, and Reece 2nd in Junior FS. Reece champ n Junior GR. Howe, Coughlin, & Cashe? Junior FS Champs.

3. There are 6 NCAA Div 1 AA or Champs. Angle (4-time AA) and Howe (2-time AA and counting) both champs, Reece(2-time AA) was a finalist, and Alex, Andre, Matt were 1 time AA?s. But only 2 wrestlers have achieved AA status their true freshman year in the past 10 years, Andrew and Cashe?.

Bash 513 you stated, ?I personally think he should be on the list but I was going for people who's resume was similar or exceded.?

Who on the list has exceeded Cashe?s  accomplishments other than a few individuals mentioned above???

Y2 is a Stud you stated, ?Weinzapfel was a 2x and gave Tshirts more then he wanted...Cashe isnt close to the list.?

Well posted above are his accomplishments, so I ask you how is Cashe? not even close to the list????

Coach Weimer

Another thing, Nate Moore & Camden Eppert I feel should be on this list also.

Coach,

You just wasted a whole lot of time, but to appease you, and others, Cashe has been officially added to the "list." 

I will need to see similar evidence and arguments for Nate Moore and Camden Eppert before I deem them worthy however.

It is never considered a waste of time when it come to educating someone in this sport especially if it is about one of your former wrestlers. didn't take long at all :)

As posted earlier, Nate Moore, three time state qualifier, 2x champ, Fargo National champ, Fargo National runner up, 4 x Fargo all american, 3x NCAA Qualifier.

I bet coach Tonte could give you even a deeper write-up in a short amount of time on him, if you need it.

coach Weimer

It is never considered a waste of time when it come to educating someone in this sport especially if it is about one of your former wrestlers. didn't take long at all :)

As posted earlier, Nate Moore, three time state qualifier, 2x champ, Fargo National champ, Fargo National runner up, 4 x Fargo all american, 3x NCAA Qualifier.

I bet coach Tonte could give you even a deeper write-up in a short amount of time on him, if you need it.

coach Weimer

That's fine, I'll add him to the list too.  The point wasn't that I needed to be educated it was just that the list was to show that top 20 in IN History probably only includes a few of the people on the list and is a VERY exclusive club. 

Let me qualify this by saying that Rankings Guy had fantastic career and that he has had far more success than most if not all of us had on the mat (me included as I was lucky to be considered average).  Top 20 all time may be stretching it though.  Here are 20 guys in the last 10 years who are at least comparable.

Alex Tsirtsis

Jason Tsirtsis

Blake Maurer

Angel Escobedo

Andrew Howe

Reese Humphrey

Josh Harper

Sean Macmurray

Matt Coughlin

Jake O?Brien

Frankie Porras

Eric Galka

Ian Hinton

Andre Hernandez

Eric Roach

Brandon Wright

Cody Phillips

Craig Weinzapfel

Dexter Larimore

Brennan Cosgrove

Cashe' Qurioga

Camden Eppert

Nate Moore

• 3 weeks later...

Really...Some of the above statements are just...WOW!!!

I see no need to resort to slamming your work because it does generate more interest in our sport and this website but I wonder if the rankings are more intended for the latter. If you are as knowledgeable as one would think you need to be for such a task you of all people should know that some kids don't improve much over short periods of time and others make huge strides...and just because a kid loses to Johnny doesn't mean that everyone Johnny loses to is better. Match ups...styes...flukes...ect.

over the summer whitten beat buckley so i dont think that means anything

That's fine, I'll add him to the list too.  The point wasn't that I needed to be educated it was just that the list was to show that top 20 in IN History probably only includes a few of the people on the list and is a VERY exclusive club. 

Nate Moore also beat Jake O'Brien his senior year at 215lbs in the Marion County Tourney, which made him the best 189lbs & 215lbs in the state that year! So how do you not include him, Jake made the cut???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.