NEXT RANKINGS UPDATE INFO

RankingsGuy

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all weights have been updated and posted.. please post your questions, comments, concerns here or email me at rankingsguy@hotmail.com

is jordan jensen supposed to come back? he hasnt wrestled all year.  Otherwise Rankings look great

Hey rankings guy what was your tought process in the rankings at 103 ....I'm just curious because I saw that mcginley beat buckley and elmore but isn't ranked and miracle hasno mentionable wins and is still ranked I'm just curious

McGinley's overall season, with losses to Belden and Whitten is what held him back.  The loss to Belden really hurts him since Belden has losses to Whitten, Fuqua, Marciano, Boston, Lile, and Micic.  This tells me that all of these kids are probably better than McGinley as well.  Buckley's ability to come back for 3rd after losing that early shows me that he needs to be ranked especially after he beats Krumlauf 7-0 who Kuhn only beat 6-5.  Also, Buckley has beaten McGinley as recently as this past summer, so it's not unrealistic to think that this was a case not being ready to wrestle the first match.

Plus, Buckley has that huge win over Al Smith 3rd placer Michael Garza, as well as 5-2 win over Terrance Kennedy who took Marciano to double OT.  As far as Miracle, her summer wrestling is what has her ranked at this point, including a recent win over Michael Garza and owning a lifetime win over Stevan Micic. 

is jordan jensen supposed to come back? he hasnt wrestled all year.  Otherwise Rankings look great

Jensen has wrestled a few meets (he was at the Greg Stultz invite at Northview).  And he is wrestling 160 this year, if I remember correctly...

McGinley's overall season, with losses to Belden and Whitten is what held him back.  The loss to Belden really hurts him since Belden has losses to Whitten, Fuqua, Marciano, Boston, Lile, and Micic.  This tells me that all of these kids are probably better than McGinley as well.  Buckley's ability to come back for 3rd after losing that early shows me that he needs to be ranked especially after he beats Krumlauf 7-0 who Kuhn only beat 6-5.  Also, Buckley has beaten McGinley as recently as this past summer, so it's not unrealistic to think that this was a case not being ready to wrestle the first match.

I just feel bad for the kid because what more does a wrestler have to than beat two top 10 ranked kids to get ranked.....I dont if the  rankings guy just doesnt like the kid because an old cousin wooped back in the day or what but it seems like the kid would have to stick boston just to get ranked.

whoami?32,  "doesnt like the kid because an old cousin wooped back in the day"

I can almost guarantee you, that he doesn't have a old cousin that wooped the RankingsGuy. I don't know anyone that wooped the RankingsGuy. I would put him in our Top 20 Indiana All-Time. Barry is a great wrestler and getting better. He will be just fine. One way of looking at it is the New Castle semi-state has him #6. With 4 semi-states that puts him #24.Again, this is just one ay of looking at it. Barry will get to wrestles the matches and get his-self noticed. I wish Barry well as I am a Barry fan.

Let me qualify this by saying that Rankings Guy had fantastic career and that he has had far more success than most if not all of us had on the mat (me included as I was lucky to be considered average).  Top 20 all time may be stretching it though.  Here are 20 guys in the last 10 years who are at least comparable.

Alex Tsirtsis

Jason Tsirtsis

Blake Maurer

Angel Escobedo

Andrew Howe

Reese Humphrey

Josh Harper

Sean Macmurray

Matt Coughlin

Jake O?Brien

Frankie Porras

Eric Galka

Ian Hinton

Andre Hernandez

Eric Roach

Brandon Wright

Cody Phillips

Craig Weinzapfel

Dexter Larimore

Brennan Cosgrove

Cashe' Qurioga

Camden Eppert

Nate Moore

Couple of  questions for rankings guy, and with no opinion one way or another.  Just curious

1.  How is that Gregory is still ranked # 1 at 130 for state, but # 1 at 135 for merrillville semi state

2.  How did Chad Miller from Valpo suddenly appear in top ten at 130 for state with no notable wins listed.

3.  How did Padilla drop from top 16 at state at 130.

Thanks in advance

McGinley's overall season, with losses to Belden and Whitten is what held him back.  The loss to Belden really hurts him since Belden has losses to Whitten, Fuqua, Marciano, Boston, Lile, and Micic.  This tells me that all of these kids are probably better than kMcGinley as well.  Buckley's ability to come back for 3rd after losing that early shows me that he needs to be ranked especially after he beats Krumlauf 7-0 who Kuhn only beat 6-5.  Also, Buckley has beaten McGinley as recently as this past summer, so it's not unrealistic to think that this was a case not being ready to wrestle the first match.

Really...Some of the above statements are just...WOW!!!

I see no need to resort to slamming your work because it does generate more interest in our sport and this website but I wonder if the rankings are more intended for the latter. If you are as knowledgeable as one would think you need to be for such a task you of all people should know that some kids don't improve much over short periods of time and others make huge strides...and just because a kid loses to Johnny doesn't mean that everyone Johnny loses to is better. Match ups...styes...flukes...ect.

What is the quoted text is so bad?  Those are pretty solid reasons why one person is not ranked.  What he stated is pretty solid criteria for determining the rankings, nothing is out of line one bit.

I gave two at the end of my post and the third is unnecessary because I will not say anything negative about young wrestlers...well mayde not negative but it would surely be taken as such.

The kid beat two studs and is getting better every day. We'll see soon enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.