Hoosier Hills Tournament

backagain

Can anyone tell me if there's a JV tournament for the HHC?  I've never known of there to be one at the HHC, however, I just had one of JV boys say they were wrestling tomorrow.  I know he's not got a varsity spot so I'm wondering if I've been mislead!

I believe JC # 2 is wrestling at Triton Central.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job by Madison running the tournament. Very smooth day. Jennings County and Jeff fans were out in force for a good atmosphere but Columbus East pulled it out as most predicted. If you ever go jogging at night be sure to take their coaching staff with you. If you ever need someone to get your back in a? nevermind?

JC was up in some big matches but got a little over-zealous. If a couple of those had gone the other way, it may have been a different story. That is an impressive young team though.

Jeff was impressive with over half of the team in the finals. They are poised to win another sectional title at this pace. cewrestlingfan was right. FC predictions were too optimistic. First time in years without an HHC champ. Will they turn it around or did they clean house too much?

103 - huge upset with FC getting pinned in the first period by CE. FC still state bound.

112 - shepard is tough. Statebound.

119 - Madison pulled out a nice win.

125 - This little Reiker dominated

130 - This little Reiker was tough

135 - This little Reiker got lucky! (honestly a great match and the reason kids need to keep their heads in a match) JC was a little too aggressive and ran out of gas. Credit to CE, as they looked to be in the best overall shape from top to bottom.

140 ? I was surprised to see Harbin pull it out

145 ? No one is in Weekly?s league. statebound.

152 ? The ?you have to be kidding me match? Adams found a burst of energy after the injury timeout and put on a takedown clinic.

160 ? Without Baldwin CE stepped up

171 ? Most anticipated match of the day resulted in domination by Wathen. The semis were better. JC to state.

189 ? Quick pin by Jeff as he?s found his weight class.

215 ? Bass is built for this class and should go to state.

Hwt ? Collet is smooth for a heavy! He goes to state.

Really good wrestling. You?d like to see less pins in the finals, but top to bottom the best hhc in a while. The Reiker boys provided the best entertainment in the finals. I?m not sure there are a lot of state qualifiers in this group though. Conditioning seemed to be an issue in a lot of the matches. I?d say CE has 1 (their best kids are in tough weight classes), JC has 3, Jeff has 2, FC has 1. That all depends on matchups at semi-state but those are the ones that look like they have it.

Again, congrats to Columbus East. That program has come a long way.

Heres what I saw...left before finals.  Family stuff is always getting in the way, lol.

Seymour- Getting a good base of kids...definatly starting to make-up some ground, great job by the coaches there to continue to fill the team and gain ground in the HHC

BNL- These coaches and kids have the right attitude to start building a solid foundation.  I saw alot of laughs in what seems, from a fans view, a tight knit group.  I see alot of positive things and even if it takes some time these guys got it going in the right direction.

Columbus East-Overall the best team today.  Most of their kids were stepping up in big matches and not just the big names we talk about all the time.  3rds instead of 4ths, 5ths instead of 6ths....Win was deserved

Jeff- A team getting the absolute most out of their team.  A good mix of youth and veterans...coaching staff has done a great job staying in the hunt for the top with all the losses they have indured this year...congrats Danny and staff, keep up the good work.

Jennings County- (I am biased and crital lol) I am not sure they have improved as much as the other teams, at least on this day...Kids having big leads and losing, kids losing to kids they had previously beat, kids being more defensive than earlier this year, I feel a few of these kids really need to take advantage of some summer camps.  On the other hand, 5 underclassmen in the finals and a chance to get 3 or 4 to state.

Floyd Central- In my opinion most imporved team from beginning of the year...very technical, very sound but also very young. I also was impressed that their wrestlers were shaking hands with the other coaches...classy

New Albany- Again I dont know if it was just me, but very much imporved from team HHC tourny.  Coach is doing a great job and has alot to look foward to.

Madison- Had some guys really step up today...I think the coaching staff and crowd had these guys pumped up! Give Tyson and Dustin a little time and they will have their alma mater competing for a title again real soon.

I was really impressed with the level of progression most of these kids and schools have made.  Congrats to CE on their well desreved victory, congrats to a well ran tourny. HHC has a bright future. I know this fan was impressed.

Yea madison made the call to the bullpen in the adams final match.  I am glad dustin wasn't in his van down by the river. Haha

Also I would like to thank all the fans and parents for helping to make our tourney run so smoothly.

I?d say CE has 1 (their best kids are in tough weight classes), JC has 3, Jeff has 2, FC has 1. That all depends on matchups at semi-state but those are the ones that look like they have it.

Not sure I completely agree with those numbers.  But a big factor does comes down to how these guys can set themselves up through regional placement and if the semi-state draw is kind or not.

Not sure I completely agree with those numbers.  But a big factor does comes down to how these guys can set themselves up through regional placement and if the semi-state draw is kind or not.

Just curious, what would you predict?

I was looking at the SS page and the competition in each class. Another thing that sticks in the back of my head is that HHC has not had a lot of success in semi-state the past couple of years in terms of getting kids through the round to go. I think that will start to change with the addition of tough tournaments throughout the season. I see the HHC, especially Jeff, loading up their schedule with top rate competition. The rest of the teams are doing the same. That is sure to pay off at some point.

Of course, some kids might not wrestle the same weight in sectionals as they did this past weekend. That could change some things up as well.

Just think with the way regional finals matches go and the semi-state draw the numbers you gave could fluctuate up or down easily.  I would say  JC, CE have the best shot at getting more than one guy through.  Some some luck either team could get 3-4 to state.  Weekly & Shepard from Jeff and Kennedy from FC being the next best two but both team can usually get a few kids to semi-state and that at least a chance of getting another kid to state.  Our conference in unique in that we only split between two sectional and never see the other group until semi-state.  In some cases that causes our conference to hurt each other chances causing a few early eliminations in semi-state.  In other cases it help cause in some weights our sectional may be tougher than our regional and the conference will advance multiple kids at one weight to semi-state increasing the chances of someone from it advancing to state. For most of the rest it going to take some Someone that is more than deserving usually makes a costly error and get a very hard draw so that make predictions hard.    Another guy has a great match and get a great draw.  There are multiple factors to look into to figure out how many actually go but the HHC has enough talent to get a few guys through and represent the conference well.  

cant believe im going to say this,but east was definately the better team yesterday!!!!!i actually saw a couple of their kids have better conditioning than jennings county,i havent seen that in many years!!!!!with that being said,coach jones would flip out if his wrestlers acted the way some of easts did!!!!throwing fits,headgear,and not going to the podium after losing in the finals!!!!that ultimately comes down to coaching,or lack there of!!!!

cant believe im going to say this,but east was definately the better team yesterday!!!!!i actually saw a couple of their kids have better conditioning than jennings county,i havent seen that in many years!!!!!with that being said,coach jones would flip out if his wrestlers acted the way some of easts did!!!!throwing fits,headgear,and not going to the podium after losing in the finals!!!!that ultimately comes down to coaching,or lack there of!!!!

As I recall, it was a JC fan that got thrown out for the actions after a JC kid lost. 

Ummmmm....The East coaches defaulted a match because their kid's actions during the match!!!!

The wrestler you are talking about did go to the podium, but the award ceremony was already over.  He was in the rest room.  If you recall, the match following the match you are refering was over in about 20 seconds. 

Please don't be an effing jerk!!!!

easts 140,and 171lbs didnt go for awards.our coaches do not coach parents,and the east coaches defaulted to keep that hothead from being d.qd!!!! ???not being a effin jerk,just dont like see young men act that way.if my two boys acted like that,after coach jones ripped em,id be twice as ruff!!!!!!!!

Wow.  You sure do have a strong opinion for not really knowing the inside story about any of what you are talking about.  And when our kids missed the podium, they weren't the only ones who did because the matches following both of those kids were 1st period pins.  You fail to mention that in your post.  You really should think about what you are saying before you little fingers start typing!!!  You guys can't just congratulate East and leave it at that.  Sounds like sour grapes to me!!!  Just sayin'.....

As a fan attending had a great time, very smooth run tournament.  I saw a lot of great wrestling. Congratulations to Coach Cooper and his team, great job on a hard earned HHC conference title. 

A question for Coach Skinner are you going have lights installed for the championship matches, that was a neat thing to experience at the Warrior Classic?

My guess would be that is the fan from JC that was kicked out of the tournament... With that free time he brushed up on some typing skills and came on here and posted this garbage... Congrats you did it, you are the biggest loser...

why would a team that has done so well as jc be such cry babies? You want to complain about how the kids were acting look in the mirror, i can not believe grown men can admit when their kids lose and say good job to their opponent instead crying. when our team wrestled  the east team they kicked our butts but their was no crying . now we hope to improve the next time we wrestle them but we still won't cry. maybe more focus should be on the wrestling and not on complaining about the other team.  Good Job East , i seen this coming a few years ago and think you did a great job.                    go  cubs

why would a team that has done so well as jc be such cry

babies? You want to complain about how the kids were acting look in the mirror, i can not believe grown men can admit when their kids lose and say good job to their opponent instead crying. when our team wrestled  the east team they kicked our butts but their was no crying . now we hope to improve the next time we wrestle them but we still won't cry. maybe more focus should be on the wrestling and not on complaining about the other team.  Good Job East , i seen this coming a few years ago and think you did a great job.                    go  cubs

From what I read there is one Pearson from JC on here complaining and 1 fan was thrown out when it wasn't even his son wrestling. Please address your comments to those people and not the kids or the program. Unfortunatly there are sore sports in every county. Unfortunatly the coaches can not confroll the fans or the people who are on here. Good job east

See you at sectional. By the way any one interested Baldwin had his surgery today and is doing well

By the way any one interested Baldwin had his surgery today and is doing well

That is good news.  Justin is a great kid.  I talked to him for a little while Saturday and he had a great attitude about his unfortunate injury.  I hope his recovery goes well and I'm sure he will work hard to get himself ready to play football at the next level.  Good luck Justin!!!

Heres what I saw...left before finals.  Family stuff is always getting in the way, lol.

Seymour- Getting a good base of kids...definatly starting to make-up some ground, great job by the coaches there to continue to fill the team and gain ground in the HHC

BNL- These coaches and kids have the right attitude to start building a solid foundation.  I saw alot of laughs in what seems, from a fans view, a tight knit group.  I see alot of positive things and even if it takes some time these guys got it going in the right direction.

Columbus East-Overall the best team today.  Most of their kids were stepping up in big matches and not just the big names we talk about all the time.  3rds instead of 4ths, 5ths instead of 6ths....Win was deserved

Jeff- A team getting the absolute most out of their team.  A good mix of youth and veterans...coaching staff has done a great job staying in the hunt for the top with all the losses they have indured this year...congrats Danny and staff, keep up the good work.

Jennings County- (I am biased and crital lol) I am not sure they have improved as much as the other teams, at least on this day...Kids having big leads and losing, kids losing to kids they had previously beat, kids being more defensive than earlier this year, I feel a few of these kids really need to take advantage of some summer camps.  On the other hand, 5 underclassmen in the finals and a chance to get 3 or 4 to state.

Floyd Central- In my opinion most imporved team from beginning of the year...very technical, very sound but also very young. I also was impressed that their wrestlers were shaking hands with the other coaches...classy

New Albany- Again I dont know if it was just me, but very much imporved from team HHC tourny.  Coach is doing a great job and has alot to look foward to.

Madison- Had some guys really step up today...I think the coaching staff and crowd had these guys pumped up! Give Tyson and Dustin a little time and they will have their alma mater competing for a title again real soon.

I was really impressed with the level of progression most of these kids and schools have made.  Congrats to CE on their well desreved victory, congrats to a well ran tourny. HHC has a bright future. I know this fan was impressed.

I am rereading my post and thought I would post it...i am one of the most biased and vocal and probably annoy members here...but I made dang sure to give credit where it was due.  Everyone has an opinion, agree not agree, but lets keep this in perspective.  If someone is rooting against a team you are sure to find some undesirable action from either parents, fans, coaches, etc at some point.  I am pretty sure there are alot of people happy that I am not coaching so they dont have to listen to my loudness all day..lol but lets not group people in a bunch, especially when many have thrown alot of due praises toward all the teams, especially the champs. PS I think I was actually critical of my own team.. ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.