Wresting for now and the future

sodakchamp

Just received our annual ISWA  amatuer wrestling news book in the mail.  Love the book but find it hard to believe that the ISWA doesnt know how to spell the word "wrestling".  Not only was it messed up this year but it was also messed up last year. WOW!  Those of you who are confused just look at the cover and you will understand ( this years and last). Then as I Read through it they mention Drake Stein winning the 160# ihsaa state title, again WOW!  Like I said earlier love the book and I know that there will be mistakes that make it to the printing press but those two I mentioned, unexceptable.  WRESTING FOR NOW AND THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!  Spell check?

The typo on the front cover of the book is entirely my fault and I sincerely apologize to the wrestling community for the error. I feel terrible about it. The typo was caught but the front covers had already been printed and the printing company said it would cost an additional $2000 to re-run the front cover and would cause a delay in the printing and mailing of the publication. I agonized over the decision but in the end decided to go with the book as is rather than spend the kids money to correct it and create a delay in mailing. In retrospect, maybe I made the wrong decision. Please do not place blame on others in the organization as the book is solely my work and my responsibility. Again, I sincerely apologize for the embarrasment I caused. :'(

Sharon Dowden

I just wonder if perhaps sodakchamp read the prayer on page A2 of this mornings Indianapolis Star.

"Save us, O God, from judging and belittling others. Instead, help us lift up others through encouragement and love. Amen"

Great timing. Enough said.............

Not sure which is worst the error or the fact that is my kid getting suped!!! (actually just a gut caught at the right time) thanks Brandi LOL

My 5 year old has been walking around for a few weeks now saying "Quinn got suped! Quinn got suped!" LOL. I keep telling him that it was just a nasty gut.

The typo on the front cover of the book is entirely my fault and I sincerely apologize to the wrestling community for the error. I feel terrible about it. The typo was caught but the front covers had already been printed and the printing company said it would cost an additional $2000 to re-run the front cover and would cause a delay in the printing and mailing of the publication. I agonized over the decision but in the end decided to go with the book as is rather than spend the kids money to correct it and create a delay in mailing. In retrospect, maybe I made the wrong decision. Please do not place blame on others in the organization as the book is solely my work and my responsibility. Again, I sincerely apologize for the embarrasment I caused. :'(

Sharon Dowden

For me, you made the correct decision.  I can understand how tough a decision it was, but in the end, the money is better spent elsewhere.  The book is a great resource for the wrestling community and I would think most can overlook a simple typo or two.

If you had any idea how much work the ISWA board does to make this wrestling state run you would be much more forgiving of a very honest Sharon.  This woman has put in more hours into Indiana wrestling than many of us who have competed. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.