Marion County tourn. at LC

SpecialForces

According to trackwrestling, PM won by 11.5 points.

LN had 5 champs to PM 2, so maybe the final score section is just incorrect.

I left before they announced team places, I'll be interested to see the official final tally

From trackwrestling.com:

Team Scores 

1. Perry Meridian 191.5

2. Lawrence North 180.5

3. Roncalli 150.5

4. Lawrence Central 123.5

5. Ben Davis 103.0

6. North Central 92.0

7. Beech Grove 67.0

8. Pike 59.0

9. Warren Central 49.0

10. Franklin Central 46.0

11. Speedway 26.0

12. Decatur Central 21.0

13. Southport 5.0

14. Park Tudor 0.0

It's not Perry against the other 13 teams best.  Marion County has very good wrestling. Some weights are the best in the state. The question is are the a better dual team then tournament team? I would say both. This is a very tough tournament to win. And yes, LN seems to be getting their lineup in order.

Great tournament, A lot of incredible match`s.

Hats off to all the wrestlers. You kids put on a great show for all us old farts to watch!!!

Congrats to Austin Netherton 215 tournament Champion...FC

Is Perry a better dual team than tournament or just have an off day?  LN is improving rapidly though.

They did not have an off day. Let me qualify that. "In my opinion" . This is a very good Perry Team but not over powering. The Holiday Tournament At North Montgomery will not give them enough of a challenge. We will have to wait and see how they do at the Bellmont Duals in January. They are always a better dual team. This is true by design. 

Oscar, I agree that Perry is designed to be a better dual team than individual tourney team, but they have some studs that will score points in an individual tourney as well.

I will say that LN is a very good individual tourney team(they had five champs yesterday), and not a bad dual team at all.  They had a close loss to Mishawaka, and a decisive win over Penn earlier this year.

Congrats to Perry Meridian for winning a very competitive Marion County tournament.  LN and Roncalli are nipping at their heels!  LN having 5 champs and Roncalli went 6-1 in head-to-head match-ups w/ PM (next dual between these two could have a different outcome - score wise).  If Roncalli's 215lber. [Tucker] #3 seed

doesn't lose 1st round and scores possible finals points, the Rebels would have been right there challenging PM & LN for the top spot.  Warren Central's non-existences @ this tourney.  LC had a great showing......alot of young talent(112-145) and their upper weights had a good showing (2 runner-ups).  NC also put in a good showing.  I definitely see some state champs coming out of Marion County this year.  103-Boston(LN), 125-Josh Kieffer, 135- Justin Lieffer to name a couple.  Good things from the County this year @ Conseco I predict. 

Congrats to Perry Meridian for winning a very competitive Marion County tournament.  LN and Roncalli are nipping at their heels!  LN having 5 champs and Roncalli went 6-1 in head-to-head match-ups w/ PM (next dual between these two could have a different outcome - score wise).  If Roncalli's 215lber. [Tucker] #3 seed

doesn't lose 1st round and scores possible finals points, the Rebels would have been right there challenging PM & LN for the top spot.  Warren Central's non-existences @ this tourney.  LC had a great showing......alot of young talent(112-145) and their upper weights had a good showing (2 runner-ups).  NC also put in a good showing.  I definitely see some state champs coming out of Marion County this year.  103-Boston(LN), 125-Josh Kieffer, 135- Justin Lieffer to name a couple.  Good things from the County this year @ Conseco I predict.   

Didn't realize that Rebels dominated PM in individual match-ups.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.