Mater Dei Holiday Classic

Extra6

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin TN will have some quality wrestlers there.  They have some ranked wrestlers at 125, 130, 152, 160 and 135 is honerable mention.  I've never seen them wrestle but heard this addition to the Holiday Classic has made it more competitive. 

I would take Fahy from Trinity at 125, Ervin at 112 and Caleb Ervin from UC wherever he goes.

This may be hard for MD to come away with several champs.  These maybe have a chance 130, 135, 140, 160, 171, 189, 285. 

When making your picks for this tournament do not pick against Brock or Caleb Ervin. Whether Sims drops to 152 or not, Ervin makes wrestling look easier than anyone I've seen in this region and will more than likely win this tournament with no test at all. 125 will be the weight class to watch as I believe Fahy's super strength is starting to be equalized as his competition catches up with him in this category and I look for Henderson and Keif to wrestle him very well but Fahy to pull out a close win.

What are the actual dates of the tournament?  Coach Schaffer told me it was the Tuesday and Wed. after Christmas but someone else said the school's schedules say Wed. and Thurs.  Can someone help me out here?

To answer someones question: Union's 130 and 152 were at the beast. 135 had surgery on cauliflower ear. 215 hurt MCL in the second match of the 10 way tourney. 160 has mono. Don't know where the 189 was. 140 and heavy got sick on that friday. They had their varsity 103, 112, 119, 125, and 145 were the only varsity guys Union had.

Thought I'd make a list of some good wrestlers in each weight class.  If you have any others, add some the list.

103 - Kennedy (FL), Blackwell (UC), Vibbert (MD)

112 - Ervin (UC), Goebel (MD)

119 - Wedding (EM)

125 - Fahy (TR), Kief (FC), Henderson (MD)

130 - Carr (UC), Hoehn (MV), Mangold (MD), Woods (Fr)

135 - Hitchings (TR), Konrath (MV), Schroeder (MD)

140 - Lannert (MD), VanHorn (FC), Thomas (UC), Honeycutt (StX)

145 - Whetstine (EM), Weinzapfel (MD)

152 - Ervin (UC), Marshall (MV), Raben (MD), Prasek (EM), Bowen (FC), Bennett (Fr)

160 - Sims (MD), Lampe (StX), Shrader (Fr)

171 - Brandenstein (MD)

189 - Boots (MD), Sandwith (EM)

215 - Knura (FC), Darrow (TR)

285 - VanWinkle (MD), Flynn (TR), Snyder (AV)

When making your picks for this tournament do not pick against Brock or Caleb Ervin. Whether Sims drops to 152 or not, Ervin makes wrestling look easier than anyone I've seen in this region and will more than likely win this tournament with no test at all. 125 will be the weight class to watch as I believe Fahy's super strength is starting to be equalized as his competition catches up with him in this category and I look for Henderson and Keif to wrestle him very well but Fahy to pull out a close win.

Fahy beat both Josh Kieffer and Neal Molloy at Super32 this year.  Don't know what the scores were though.

Can't wait for the MD Holiday Classic.  As always, it should be a good show.  Excited about getting my first look at the Ervin's this year ~ those kids are studs.  Is Lykins from FC a freshman?  Good luck to all the teams ~ time to see some great, competitive matches!

Lykins from FC is a freshman and is capable of upsetting some kids.

Thought I'd make a list of some good wrestlers in each weight class.  If you have any others, add some the list.

103 - Kennedy (FL), Blackwell (UC), Vibbert (MD)

112 - Ervin (UC), Goebel (MD)

119 - Wedding (EM)

125 - Fahy (TR), Kief (FC), Henderson (MD)

130 - Carr (UC), Hoehn (MV), Mangold (MD), Woods (Fr)

135 - Hitchings (TR), Konrath (MV), Schroeder (MD)

140 - Lannert (MD), VanHorn (FC), Thomas (UC), Honeycutt (StX)

145 - Whetstine (EM), Weinzapfel (MD)

152 - Ervin (UC), Marshall (MV), Raben (MD), Prasek (EM), Bowen (FC), Bennett (Fr)

160 - Sims (MD), Lampe (StX), Shrader (Fr)

171 - Brandenstein (MD)

189 - Boots (MD), Sandwith (EM)

215 - Knura (FC), Darrow (TR)

285 - VanWinkle (MD), Flynn (TR), Snyder (AV)

Our coach advised us that 152 Raben,,145 Weinzapfel and 103 Vibbert all out due to injury...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.