Porras 235

Roach- 188

Bennett- 137

McMurray- 229

Duckworth- 245

Atwood- 238

Cleveland- 205

Travis-211

Those were the top "vote getters" last year.

never mind the hate for Philips what's with the hate for McMurry LOL. This is some interesting information. I think it's interesting that Duckworth and Atwood had the 2nd and 3rd highest picks yet niether one of them won. Considering the the past I though Philips had a better chance of winning last year over all of those but McMurry and Tsirtsis. Porras lost the week before, Duckworth had tougher competion, and Atwood never won state. Those are the reasons why I thought Philips had a better chance of winning last year. Other than Philips there was only 2 other wrestlers at 103 that made state before all the other weight classes had more returners. Thanks for posting this though.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still had someone like Brooks who has placed at many national tournaments and Petrov who was wrestling very well at the end of the season.

McMurray had guys like Quiroz, Vlahos, McCray and Willis in his weight also. 

At 189, Atwood had defeated Johnson-Jones by pin earlier in the season amongst other top wrestlers in the weight.

Duckworth really was untouched all season until the finals and even that loss is questionable since he used all his injury time when he dinged his head.

Phillips is more physical than Todd

I think I agree on this one.

I actually for some reason thought Sliga was gonna beat Atwood last year. As far as Duckworth, I thought he was gonna win but I knew there was a chance he could lose. Sure he was "untouched" going in to state but he was "untouched" going into semi-state the year before which he did lose a match there. I didn't think Philips would lose at state just like I don't think he will lose until it's proven someone can beat him durring a high school season. As for McMurry didn't he beat Quiroz, Vlahos, and Willis before state? I didn't know anything about McCray before state but I didn't think the other three could beat him. This is a new year though and I can't wait to see 112 at connersville should be a fun weight class.

McMurray beat Willis 1-0 earlier in the season, so that could easily have been overturned or if Willis could take it to OT, anything could have happened.  In all honestly 160 was probably one of the deepest weights in the tournament last year.

Sliga was beaten a few times during the season including by Johnson-Jones who was defeated by Atwood.  Most were writing off Sliga because he was a freshman at a weight dominated by juniors and seniors.

I just thought Sliga matched up well with Atwood from what I've seen from the two. Plus I believe Sliga might have been beating Johnson-Jones when he got pinned but I could be wrong. McMurry was 3 time state champion and knew how to win the matches that matter the most and I believe he was the best in Indiana last year. That's just my oppinion. Also a shut out is a shut out doesn't matter if you win by 1 point or a tech if you don't give up a point you won't lose. Willis didn't prove he could score on McMurry.

post them pretty, pretty please. I cant go and want to see how my young hwt gets bracketed so I can see if he has a snowballs chance in........ of winning any matches. our HWT got injured in footbal season and mine is 2nd best. another year in JV would have been helpful but he is learning under fire of how things go for the bigdogs.

Schools at the classic

Class A

Batesville

Broad Ripple

Centerville

Hagerstown

Hamilton Heights

Indian Creek

Milan

Northeastern

Preble Shawnee Oh

Triton Central

Union County

Class AA

Arlington

Beech Grove

Cathedral

Connersville

Dekalb

Franklin County

Lebanon

Pendelton Heights

Roncalli

South Dearborm

Western

Class AAA

Bedford N. Lawrence

Carroll(Fort Wayne)

Columbus North

Evansville North

Evansville Reitz

Ft. Wayne Northside

Greenfield Central

North Central

Richmond

Valparaiso

and you are in the AA bracket

Uh, I think he means the brackets for the weight classes, individuals.  The 3 divisions, A, AA, AAA are just teams separations based on school size.  They give team trophy's for the highest scoring team in each division.  Ex.. team can get 8th overall and win the small school division and win that trophy.  What everyone wants to see is the individual brackets of each weight. 

Its been awhile since we have participated in the event so I could be on off this one but they may seperate the top two guys in the tournament.  Not sure if it would be by record, previous Connersville results, or other factors if that is the case.  Aside from maybe that I believe it a straight blind draw. Anything else would be completely new to me from what I've always remembered.

How are these accurate when teams have until friday to turn in info cause we go to connersville and haven't turned in our final weigh in sheet?

I would guess since the brackets are relitively unseeded they allow for lineup adjustments through the start of the event.  Obviously checking with the staff at Connersvillle would be best though since its their criteria.

I doubt these are the real brackets based on the fact that Pam Noble (The A.D. AT Connersville) clearly stated that this tournament would not be seeded. Also the final roster is not due until Monday Dec. 27th at noon and we did not provide records or any seeding information. I have been involved with this tournament for many years and the draws have never come out until after weigh-ins and many weights have to be redrawn. If these are the draws so be it, I dont really care. Just be cautious because we havent recieved any information on draws or seeds.

Lance Ellis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.