#1 Howe vs #2 Burroughs

devildog47959

Didn't Howe major Yohn? I think I remember reading that somewhere. And Howe is not as explosive offensivly as Burroughs. This is going to be a barn burner!

Howe has not wrestled Yohn this yr

Link to Howe match results so far this season: 10-0

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wis/sports/m-wrestl/auto_pdf/Howe_12_18.pdf

Howe beat #4 Justin Kerber (Cornell) 10-3, he has also beaten #6 P.J. Gillespie (Hofstra) 2-0. These matches took place at the Cliff Keen Invite.

Burroughs is really good but also seen about 3 or 4 of his shots get stopped.  I think Howe has the ability to slow him down though.  It'll be a close one.  As crazy as it sounds with burrough being one of the wrestlers in the match. I see maybe 1 or 2 total takedowns.

Burroughs is just too good at least 2 TD for him. Howe will get his 1-2 as well. I'm going with 4-5 in this match. The suspense is killing me, I just hope that Flow broadcasts the match live!

Midlands have finally arrivied! Here are the seedings for 165, no Surprise Howe #1 & Burroughs #2

165:

1. Andrew Howe, Wisconsin

2. Jordan Burroughs, Nebraska

3. Tyler Caldwell, Oklahoma

4. Josh Asper, Maryland

5. Zach Toal, Missouri

6. Jake Kerr, Iowa

7. Ryan DesRoches, Cal Poly

8. Brandon Hatchett, Lehigh

9. Trevor Hall, Cal Bakersfield

10. Bekzod Abdurakhmonov, Clarion

11. Ethan Headlee, Pittsburgh

12. Conrad Polz, Illinois

Seeding for all other weight classes:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nw/sports/m-wrestl/auto_pdf/2010MidlandsSeedings.pdf

Howe & Burroughs are still alive as both are in the Semi-finals.

Howe won match #1-17-5 won match #2 by fall and won match #3 score of 9-5

Burroughs continues to DOMINATE. match #1- 22-6, match #2- 23-7, match #3- 20-8

Updated Brackets Here:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nw/sports/m-wrestl/auto_pdf/2010Midlandsbrackets6.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

This is a match that can go either way. Howe is a very technical wrestler, as Burroughs has speed and power. End the end i see Howe winning this rematch but don't think the score will be as high as it was at the midlands.

After reading on the UW wrestling website, it doesn't sound like Howe will be wrestling Friday. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Wisconsin coach Barry Davis: "It would be a great rematch. I think people were looking forward to it. But that rematch now is probably going to take place at the NCAA finals in March. But that?s the way the ball bounces, and that?s the way it goes, and you just make adjustments and go from there."

against ILL on Jan 16th...will Howe wrestle Burrough on Jan 21st if he isnt 100%?

At 165 lbs., No. 2 junior Andrew Howe then faced Conrad Polz. After wrestling for 30 seconds, Howe asked for an injury timeout. He then went back on the mat, but was quickly pulled from the match by his coaches, giving Polz a win by injury default and awarding the Illini six points. Illinois took a 12-3 lead as a result of the forfeit.

Howe! Either way its going to be a match no one should miss! I know where I'll be Friday night! Good thing I have the Big Ten Network!

BAD NEWS... Looks like Howe will not be wrestling fridat night...

QUESTION #3: "It would be nice if he?s there, obviously, on Friday, because that would be a heck of a rematch, wouldn?t it, against Jordan Burroughs?"

Head Coach Barry Davis: "It would be a great rematch. I think people were looking forward to it. But that rematch now is probably going to take place at the NCAA finals in March. But that?s the way the ball bounces, and that?s the way it goes, and you just make adjustments and go from there."

Full interview here:

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/011711aaa.html

What kinda injury is it, and how long will he be out?

QUESTION #4: "How did Andrew injure himself?"

DAVIS: "Actually, when he first did it, I thought it was his shoulder a little bit. Actually, during the match, he was facing kind of our direction. The guy kind of unhooked him, threw his arm up a little bit, and I saw him flinch. I thought, wow, maybe, kind of just . . . little bit. But once I saw him kind of stiffen up really hard right away, I thought, oh, it can?t be that because it must be something else. I can see he?s starting to limp a little bit. (It is) kind of a weird injury. I don?t know if he just stepped back wrong or got his feet caught differently somehow. Caught his foot real quick and then he just kind of pulled right there."

QUESTION #2: "Barry, what?s Andrew Howe?s biggest challenge, dealing with defeat or dealing with this injury?"

DAVIS: "Probably the injury, I think. I think he?s never really been injured before. Defeat you can deal with. You can make changes. You can make adjustments. But an injury like this right here, you can?t really control that. It?s basically controlling you. So the hard thing for him is just to relax and slow down and let things heal up. I think he wants to get back and go in right away, but this may take awhile. We?ll see

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.