Yorktown Results - Day 1 - Fox HS - St. Louis

Coach McCormick

Missouri has 4 classes.  Whitfield was 5th out of the 56 smallest schools last year.  Northwest was 10th out of the 56 largest schools.  Missouri seems to be a slight level above us in national performance by its top individuals annually.  So this is good competition.  Nice job, Yorktown.

It looks like the finals of this duals tournament will be broadcast at 4pm central time (5pm in most of Indiana) at the site below.  If Yorktown is in it, I would assume we can watch it.  Ft. Zumwalt West and Holt of Missouri both finished top 5 in the big school state finals last year and are at this tournament.  They both return 3 that finished at least top 8.

http://www.ihigh.com/getinthegamestl/broadcast_138808.html?silverlight=1

Yorktown won this 16-team tournament fairly easily.  Their last two matches were their most competitive.  They beat Seckman 42-28 in the semi-finals and Whitfield 42-30 in the finals.  Seckman was 6th in the Class 4 (largest class) state finals last year and returned 3 kids that were top 8 and another 4 that were one match from top 8.  Whitfield was 5th in the Class 1 (small school) state finals last year and returned 10 state qualifiers, 4 of which were top 8.  Yorktown also pounded Whitfield 46-19 in their Pool match on Day 1 before Whitfield came storming back to face them in the bracketed final on Day 2.  In fairness, I should mention that Whitfield was forfeiting 2 weight classes all tournament long.

I should also mention that the two teams that finished 4th and 5th in the Missouri Class 4 (again, largest class) state finals last year were 7th and 8th in this tournament.  Considering Missouri is usually a small step ahead of us in national success with individuals, this was a nice showing for Yorktown to win this tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.