MT. VERNON meet 12/4

MVwatcher

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVWatcher,

Did it ever occur to you that Mt Vernon might not want there line-up posted to the entire world? We all know there are ways of getting it but let the other people do there own research to get it. Instead of talking up the team on here let the wrestlers do there talking by there hard work up in the room and out on the mat! Don't put a target on there backs that doesn't deserve to be there.  We appreciate the support to the program but instead of supporting us on a discussion board, show up in the stands and support our wrestlers that way.

Thanks.

Hunter Stevens

I am sorry if I have offended you Coach Steven that was not my intentions. However after all the talk about Turkey most of these kids and weight classes were mentioned and it is the day before. But it was not meant to offend. and as I stated I listed the line up i saw at Turkey sorry.

MD looked good throughout the whole day.  Once the football players get to their weight classes, they will even tougher.  Konrath and Schroeder was a great match.  Konrath won 8-6 with a quick 2 point nearfall (Schroeder tried to gramby and flopped on his backed) with 10 seconds left.  It will be an interesting sectional match up. 

MVWatcher,

Did it ever occur to you that Mt Vernon might not want there line-up posted to the entire world? We all know there are ways of getting it but let the other people do there own research to get it. Instead of talking up the team on here let the wrestlers do there talking by there hard work up in the room and out on the mat! Don't put a target on there backs that doesn't deserve to be there.  We appreciate the support to the program but instead of supporting us on a discussion board, show up in the stands and support our wrestlers that way.

Thanks.

Hunter Stevens

Wrestling will stay in the dark ages if coaches are still worried about posting their line-ups online or anywhere else.  I guess that is why coaches fail to send in meet results and such to the local newspapers.  As usual, we are our own worst enemy in this sport and will continue to dig our own grave if we don't change our ways.

MVWatcher,

Did it ever occur to you that Mt Vernon might not want there line-up posted to the entire world? We all know there are ways of getting it but let the other people do there own research to get it. Instead of talking up the team on here let the wrestlers do there talking by there hard work up in the room and out on the mat! Don't put a target on there backs that doesn't deserve to be there.   We appreciate the support to the program but instead of supporting us on a discussion board, show up in the stands and support our wrestlers that way.

Thanks.

Hunter Stevens

Dude, I don't think it's a big secret who the good wrestlers are at Mt. Vernon and what weights they are wrestling.  The best way for our sport to grow is for kids to get the recognition they deserve.  Posting information in forums like this is one of the good ways to get kids the recognition and respect they work so hard to earn.

I truly cant understand why coaches are so secretive about their lineup...Y2 is right, we actually do agree on this one..lol We should be sending in our results and records every match. Why does almost every sport in every school, broadcast their successful athletes except wrestling.  Yeah lets not praise our kids for working (in my opinion) harder than athletes in any other sport, lets not let college coaches know that there are some good kids out there that might need a look see. Why are we so concerned if our kids will "have a target" on their backs.  Doesnt football know who the good kids on the other team are or who the good teams are?? I know basketball in indiana gets so much pub you know who every good player in the state are.  I guess I just like to see kids who work hark get some notariaty for working their butts off.  Oh and btw you can change your lineup right up until they check in to step on the mat...

I agree.  Coaches like Hunter Stevens are a joke and anyone who truly wants to see the sport of wrestling succeed in the state of Indiana should try to get their wrestlers as much publicity as possible.  It is people like Hunter Stevens who feel that their lineup should be as secretive as the nuclear launch codes that are holding wrestling back in our state.

1.) If you don't know who Coach Stevens is then you should not be bashing him on the board.

2.) Our sport is not doomed to stay in the dark ages because of coaches like Coach Stevens. Is is doomed to be an unpopular sport socially because of its nature. It is hard and kids these days are not willing to work hard. It is not popular to "roll around with a sweaty guy". It is not popular to bust ur A$$ at times all by yourself to succeed. It is much more popular to pass the ball when the game is on the line or let a styd carry your team to victory.

3.) What is publicity and what does it do for you? It puts a big A$$ target on your back. If Coach Stevens prefers to be the hunter instead of the hunted, props to him. That is a noble ploy to help his team and kids stay focused. Maybe they don't want or need publicity or publication. That stuff is all vain.

4.) Those of you who don't want your line ups posted or prefer not to have your information posted without your say, way to stand up for a CLASS ACT like Coach Stevens. He is one of the few coaches who does things the right way, ALWAYS! Shame on those of you who choose to throw his name in the dirt. Those of you who did, YOU are a JOKE!

Colleges post their lineups, I've never understood why it should be a secret in high school. I'm sure there are good reasons, but if you want to know a team's lineup either send a scout or talk to someone who was there. It's not truly a secret.

If Coach Stevens prefers to be the hunter instead of the hunted, props to him.

No pun intended, right?  

In all seriousness, guys, we're all on the same team here trying to figure out the best ways to continue improving opportunities and notoriety for individuals and the sport.  No one's a joke.  

2.) Our sport is not doomed to stay in the dark ages because of coaches like Coach Stevens. Is is doomed to be an unpopular sport socially because of its nature. It is hard and kids these days are not willing to work hard. It is not popular to "roll around with a sweaty guy". It is not popular to bust ur A$$ at times all by yourself to succeed. It is much more popular to pass the ball when the game is on the line or let a styd carry your team to victory.

If we don't adjust to society's changes we are going to fall to the wayside.  This is not the 70's or 80's where kids had two options in the winter, basketball or wrestling.  Now they can get a job, they can lift for football, amongst other things that can be more fun than wrestling.  A wrestling coaches job has changed from just coaching the sport to promoting it and working on increasing support from fans and administration.  If the coaches do not change then our sport will suffer more and more losses.  Do not think for a minute that the high school level is not immune to cuts.

3.) What is publicity and what does it do for you? It puts a big A$$ target on your back. If Coach Stevens prefers to be the hunter instead of the hunted, props to him. That is a noble ploy to help his team and kids stay focused. Maybe they don't want or need publicity or publication. That stuff is all vain.

I guess those other sports just like to be the hunted when they have all those articles and news surrounding them.  Boy I would love to be the "hunted" and get all the attention the football team gets. 

4.) Those of you who don't want your line ups posted or prefer not to have your information posted without your say, way to stand up for a CLASS ACT like Coach Stevens. He is one of the few coaches who does things the right way, ALWAYS! Shame on those of you who choose to throw his name in the dirt. Those of you who did, YOU are a JOKE!

Its a joke that he has to threaten someone for giving out the secret cold war nuclear codes...oops I mean their potential lineup.  I would hate to see his reaction if an opponent posted their lineup, GASP!!! 

He is one of the few coaches who does things the right way, ALWAYS!

If he always does things right and our state needs more coaches like him, then wrestling in Indiana is truly in need of a major overhaul, as his senior season came to an end in the first round of the regionals at 103 pounds  ::)

If he always does things right and our state needs more coaches like him, then wrestling in Indiana is truly in need of a major overhaul, as his senior season came to an end in the first round of the regionals at 103 pounds  ::)

Now THAT was uncalled for.  Some of us weren't good enough to even make it to regionals.  And I think I did alright as a coach. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.