New Castle Semi-State Rankings Final

zachpierson

HaHa the only think I have predicted is Sliga to win 189 and Perry to win Team State lets see whos wrong!! You really put BD and Franklin in the same sentence as PM? You  must be lost!!

im gonna have to agree with wrestling is life on this one and year at this point with who is getting the most out of their teams individually BD PM and Franklin is right no matter who wins team state

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna have to agree with wrestling is life on this one and year at this point with who is getting the most out of their teams individually BD PM and Franklin is right no matter who wins team state

BD will advance maybe 3 to semi state, Franklin? Pm I think all but 2

BD's guys are wrestling very well right now.  I don't think anyone is saying that they or Franklin are on the same level as Perry is right now, but their guys are peaking at the right time the same way Perry's kids are.  If you think BD is only getting 3 out, I just can't see that.  I think they get 6-8 guys of the regional and on to New Castle. 

BD's guys are wrestling very well right now.  I don't think anyone is saying that they or Franklin are on the same level as Perry is right now, but their guys are peaking at the right time the same way Perry's kids are.  If you think BD is only getting 3 out, I just can't see that.  I think they get 6-8 guys of the regional and on to New Castle. 

3 103,119, and HWT maybe 171?From BD

Could someone share with me Nathan Boston's accomplishments on the mat. Both in-state and National results would be greatly appreciated. Here or by PM. Thanks!

i am not for sure all of them but the only ones that i have heard of is he won nationals as a peewee or  when he was younger and what he has done as a freshman this year and thats all i know

Whitten, Moss, Davenport, English, Taylor are favorites to win their first round match.

I would consider matches at 130, 152, and 160 all toss up matches where BD could win. 

ya there is no way that only 3 are making it out

103, 112 could, 119, 130 could, 135 could, 140, 145, 152, 160 could, 171, 189 could, 285 thats way more than 3

112, 130, 135, 145, 152, 160, 189, and even the 215 are all toss ups and some SHOULD pull off the first round win

Yes there are some deep ones, but still only 16 can get there.  In the rankings they are picking who they think will get there.  Why not pick places 1-4 at each regional and throw them into the 16.  Not that hard once you get to 9, 10, or 12.  The top ones are pretty easy.  The real skill in picking these is the 3rd and 4th place wrestlers to advance. 

ya there is no way that only 3 are making it out

103, 112 could, 119, 130 could, 135 could, 140, 145, 152, 160 could, 171, 189 could, 285 thats way more than 3

112, 130, 135, 145, 152, 160, 189, and even the 215 are all toss ups and some SHOULD pull off the first round win

ok MAYBE 4 OUT!! 171 will be lucky to get out!!

Would be a lot easier if i had the draws which is what i will be doing once the brackets come out after regionals sure i can rank all 16 but that doesn't man my top 4 will get out now does it the draws are everything

He does a great job scouting and ranking the NC SS!! That would be asking alot!!Go to matches all over the state and do your research and figure it out. Reeves should be about 5th @125 only losses coming to Keiffer and McKinley. He should make it to the ticket round!!

Great job for sure.  My point is, he knows who the 4 regionals are that feed into each semistate.  Why not project who will finish 1-4 in each and those are your top 16.  If he projects that a 2nd at one regional is better then a 1st at another regional then they make it into the top 4 and on and on down the list.  If he projects that the 4th placers are 13-16 at the semi state then that is where they fall.  He has already projected some likely 3rds at regionals as being much higher then spots 9-12 so he is already doing that.  Still has Naughton and WHite getting to Semi state and that will not happen for one of them.  Kenney and Beasley meet in first round of Regional also.  One of those will not make it. 

In the rankings they are picking who they think will get there.

I don't think the rankings are just to see who will make it to state.  It's simply ranking the top guys at each weight.  Without seeing how everyone get's placed at the Semi State, there's no way to pick who might make it through.

The Semi State posts are a projection of who will reach the semi states aren't they?  Once the list is made then it is ranked.  None the less still a projection based on Regional brackets.  An example here are the top 4 from the 4 regionals feeding into the HWT division based on my evaluation of the brackets.

Walace 1

Howard 3

Janney 4

Melby 2

Kinney 3

Thigpen 2

Henson 1

Deitchman 4

WHite 2

Uhls 4

Cheh 3

Decker 1

Garland 4

Phillips 2

Swango 3

Brown 1

i think you may relook at the perry meridian regional at hwy.  there are 4 very good heavy's goin head to head 1st round. essentially elimating 2 from state tourney.  ben davis  tre taylor vs mike cheh from franklin central,  and also perry meridians jordan naughton vs kyle white of warren central. i have studied there wins and losses against each other and cannot pick a favorite. they all have beat each other.  but either white or naughton or cheh or taylor aren't making it.

So these are just your projections on the best that could feed into NC SS.  Not the order of where you think they rank? Is that right?

I have to think that is the case since you have Kinney at #5 ahead of 5 or 6 that have beaten him this year.  Some more then once I think. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.