• Announcements

• Y2CJ41

Board Rules and Regulations

If you find TheIndianaMat.com Message Boards helpful or interesting, then you know how important it is to keep the boards clean and accurate. Please only post messages that are genuine questions or attempts to share knowledge.   In order to ensure that the boards are as helpful and enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible, we have established the following rules for the boards. No message may   1. Contain, promote, or link to sexually explicit or violent material. 2. Promote, depict, or link to material that promotes or depicts discrimination based on race, gender, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or age; 3. Contain unlawful material, including but not limited to materials that may violate another's intellectual property rights, or links to a site that contains such material; 4. Contain information regarding or promoting illegal activity, or linking to a site that provides such information; Contains spam, pyramid schemes, or other unrelated advertising material; or 5. Is considered by us to be obscene, excessively violent, threatening, harassing or otherwise objectionable; or Is deemed by us to be unsuitable for any other reason. 6. If we decide that a post is unacceptable, we will remove the post. Depending on the severity of the post or the past history of the user who made the post, we may rescind that user's membership. 7. Advertising for goods and services will only be allowed by our paid sponsors. 8. Topics and discussions need to be in their proper forum. Repeated failure to follow this could result in permanent restriction on posting on this forum. Since we can't have a rule to cover everything, this is the rule to, well, cover everything. This is a public board, so act like you would if you were in a public place.These issues are left to the discretion of individual moderators, but may include any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, discussion of alleged felonies and misdemeanors, misleading, spammy, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, sexist, obscene, racist, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, that otherwise violates any law, or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offense. Asking for or offering any of the material listed above is also out not permitted. Thank you for helping to maintain the quality of our boards.   -- The IndianaMat.com Team
Sign in to follow this  
lpd096

TIMES article: Purdue vs. Calumet College (Anthony Hawkins)

Great article...

and it is very awesome to see so many former Indiana High School wrestlers in this dual.....

and we get a former state champ battle at 125...... 

Da ole rat tinks baby hawk nocks off Eppert !! You heard it here !!

By da way the Rat will be heading to Sporties after da bout and hit up da castle on da way back to cedar tuckey!!

From College Board:

Tentative Line-ups for Friday Night

125: Anthony Hawkins vs Camden Eppert

133: Tony Lovejoy vs Matt Fields

141: Anthony Nuzzo vs Akif Eren

149: Derek Allen vs Sam Patacsil

157: Ryan Peters vs Tommy Churchard

165: Lance Surma vs Kyle Mosier

174: John Tyler vs Cameron Vlahos

184:  -

197: Artie Grubba vs Logan Brown

285: Eddie Castillo vs Roger Vukobratovich

Some good Indiana kids here.

Where is CCSJ's best hope against the Boilers?

Coach, Cashe and the Purdue coaching staff have decided that he will Red-shirt this year.

Purdue vs. Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)

11/20/2010

Purdue 39 - Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.) 0

125- Eppert, Camden (Purdue University) MD Anthony Hawkins (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 10-2

133- Fields, Matt (Purdue University) DEC Tony Lovejoy (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 3-2

141- Eren, Akif (Purdue University) TF5 Anthony Nuzzo (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (7:00)

149- Churchard, Tommy (Purdue University) DEC Derek Allen (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 8-2

157- Patacsil, Sam (Purdue University) TF5 Ryan Peters (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (2:33)

165- Mosier, Kyle (Purdue University) FALL Lance Surma (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (3:30)

174- Vlahos, Cameron (Purdue University) DEC Johnathan Tyler (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 4-2

197- Brown, Logan (Purdue University) TF4 Arthur Grubba (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (6:14)

285- Vukobratovich, Roger (Purdue University) FALL Edward Castillo (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (0:44)

It appears as though no 184lb bout was contested.

Had a great time last night. Nice to see some local College wrestling in the region! Coach Vega's Kids wrestled hard. They will keep getting better and older!

Good Luck the rest of the way!

I was there too and I think they looked like they had a shot in a couple of matches.

I agree this is a very young team (2 FR, 6 SO, and 1 SR) to go against a nationally ranked NCAA D1 team.  They will do nothing but improve.

He quit and skipped out on town, I do believe. (him and Al White both)

Are you saying Alex White left the team?  Did he leave Purdue entirely?  That would be unfortunate.

I was there too and I think they looked like they had a shot in a couple of matches.

I agree this is a very young team (2 FR, 6 SO, and 1 SR) to go against a nationally ranked NCAA D1 team.  They will do nothing but improve.

Agreed, I think they will only improve as they get more experience. I think Hawkins & Lovejoy will have great careers by the time its all said & done

Agreed, I think they will only improve as they get more experience. I think Hawkins & Lovejoy will have great careers by the time its all said & done

I agree here as well.  Hawkins and Lovejoy will push each other very hard in the room all year.  Hawkins is faster and Lovejoy is stronger so the push the other to improve in the areas that they are weaker.

If I remember correctly USA Wrestler Magazine had them ranked #20 and #21 nationally in their class following the 2010 Indiana State Tournament.  Not a lot of kids have wrestling partners so closely matched.

I agree here as well.  Hawkins and Lovejoy will push each other very hard in the room all year.  Hawkins is faster and Lovejoy is stronger so the push the other to improve in the areas that they are weaker.

If I remember correctly USA Wrestler Magazine had them ranked #20 and #21 nationally in their class following the 2010 Indiana State Tournament.  Not a lot of kids have wrestling partners so closely matched.

You can go Far and do great things with just a good wrestling partner alone, good luck to both guys in their careers

Sign in to follow this