Midwest Conf. predictions

JimF

North White brings  a young but soild team to the MWC this year. They are led by 3 seniors who are all 3 yr Varsity Starters. Tyler Hileman, Travis Bannon, & AJ Frigo.  I would like to wish them all the best of luck this year, they are all very hard working & just all around great kids! LETS GO VIKINGS!

Projected Lineup:

103-  Shonk (FR)

112- Inman (FR)

119- Williams (SO)

125- Ball (FR)

130- Andrews (FR)

135- Wiley (JR)

140- Bannon (SR)

145- C Hileman (SO)

152- Frigo (SR)

160- Escobar (FR)

171- T Hileman (SR)

189- Hahn (SO)

215- McBurnett (FR)

HWT- Begley (SR)

T Hileman, C Hileman, Bannon, Williams were all Regional Qualifiers Last Year.

Them along with Frigo should easily make it back to Logansport for the regionals, The Hileman Boys & Bannon should make it through to Semi-State. I think it is very possible and maybe even a trip to conseco for T Hileman. The Merrirville SS is the toughest in the state so it will be a challenge.

Look for north white to have a good year and make a run for the conference title, top to bottom they have good wrestlers. Led by 3 seniors with good leadership and work ethic, I believe they have 23 or 24 kids with a brand new wrestling facility. Everyone in the community is on board along with the kids. Looking forward to this season.

Look for north white to have a good year and make a run for the conference title, top to bottom they have good wrestlers. Led by 3 seniors with good leadership and work ethic, I believe they have 23 or 24 kids with a brand new wrestling facility. Everyone in the community is on board along with the kids. Looking forward to this season.

I had heard they were getting a new wrestling room, i think its double maybe even tripple the size of the old one! Good to hear, can only help! Glad to hear the school & community are behind the team! The wrestling team will have more wins then the basketball team mark my words!

Caston won on the road to South Newton 51-18

Winning for the Comets are;

119 Cole Nilson -- Pin

125 Kyle Harvey  - Decision

135 Wil Holloway?Pin

140 Andy Wert  - FF

145 Graham Redweik?Pin

152 Jeremy Gonzalez ? FF

171 Josh Andrade ? FF

189 Myles Hardel ? Pin

215 Taylor Ground ?FF

103-(SN)

112-idk

119-Johnson(P)

125-Stone(N)

130-Hartly(W)

135-Maybe Holloway©

140Wagoner(P)

145Dorris(P)

152-Gonzalez©

171Hileman(N)

189Nethercutt(P)

215Whitlock(P)

HwDix(W)

Pioneer is my pick to win

140 will be a tough weight class with Wagoner & Bannon, should be some great matches throughout the season, same goes at 145 with C Hileman & Dorris

103-(SN)

112-idk

119-Johnson(P)

125-Stone(N)

130-Hartly(W)

135-Maybe Holloway©

140Wagoner(P)

145Dorris(P)

152-Gonzalez©

171Hileman(N)

189Nethercutt(P)

215Whitlock(P)

HwDix(W)

Pioneer is my pick to win

These are pretty good picks from what I see and I would have to agree that Pioneer is the team Favorite. Although from the way some people make it sound on here North White might be competing for a state title ::) I would throw in Cole Nilson from Caston at 112 and also Holloway  will be at 130 at the end of the year which should set up the best finals match with him and Hartly. Two seniors that have both been to semi state and have a combined 5 conference titles already.I also see that you have no West Central Champs??? come on no love for the Trojans? but I'm having the same problem. I just really don't know what they have and what weight they will be at. If they want to get a champ a lot of it will depend on what weight Rehn goes.

Rehn i  believe is going 119, him and Johnson had a close match last year, with johnson on top.125 and 160 should be one of the most wide open weight classes since stone is not wrestling and i have no clue who will be at 160 unless hileman cutts down then he will be the clear favorite. Also 135 could be wide open if holloway drops. I also think that in a dual North White could beat Pioneer, but come individual tournament time Pioneer will win cause they have more individual studs and North Whites studs dont match up well seeing how they are in the same weight classes,besides T. Hileman.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.