Little known 1st Year Varsity Juniors/Seniors who could go far this year.

MattM

We used to see this a lot in the Mater Dei system.  The kid who no one had heard of before who ended up having a great senior season.  Then after some research you learn who the kid has been behind in the lineup the last several year.  Then is wasn't that suprising why we just now found out about him.

Who are some of this years little known Junior and Senior who had been biding their time behind a couple studs and now will have a chance to make it to semi-state/state this year.

Dylan Bender of Heritage Hills wrestled behind Jeff Weiss. Bender, a senior, is moving to 189 this year.

I'm not sure that Dylan Bender is really unknown. Your right that last year he was behind Weiss but as a freshman and sophomore he was a varsity wrestler. As a sophomore he had a record of 31- 12.

I'm not sure that Dylan Bender is really unknown. Your right that last year he was behind Weiss but as a freshman and sophomore he was a varsity wrestler. As a sophomore he had a record of 31- 12.

Meh....he's still "little known" IMO, but I understand he's not first-year.

How are things at Tecumseh?

My HH wrestling preview story comes out Wednesday. I'll link it then.

285-???

215-Boehm

189-Bender

171-Oser

160-Rickenbaugh

152-Hawkins

Such a shame Clayton Begle battled back from one knee injury to play in just two football games, then injured the other knee.  I think he's going to try to get back in time for the sectional, but it's doubtful--not to mention it would be nearly impossible to not wrestle an entire season, then jump in at the sectional.

Sorry for getting side-tracked, but there are some names above that could advance to the Evansville regional.

Meh....he's still "little known" IMO, but I understand he's not first-year.

How are things at Tecumseh?

My HH wrestling preview story comes out Wednesday. I'll link it then.

285-???

215-Boehm

189-Bender

171-Oser

160-Rickenbaugh

152-Hawkins

Such a shame Clayton Begle battled back from one knee injury to play in just two football games, then injured the other knee.  I think he's going to try to get back in time for the sectional, but it's doubtful--not to mention it would be nearly impossible to not wrestle an entire season, then jump in at the sectional.

Sorry for getting side-tracked, but there are some names above that could advance to the Evansville regional.

Things are looking up at Tecumseh. We have around 17 wrestlers right now and may pick up  a few more this week after they get physicals. If we get one of the guys that I expect out this week and if another guy can cut ten pounds then we will have a full line up for the first time since the 1980's.  Only 3 seniors and 0 juniors  so we are very young and inexperienced.

I hate to see a season ending injury happen to anyone. Maybe Clayton can make it back for sectional. I can remember at least two times a Southridge when we had guys hurt all year (or suspended) that came back and wrestled their first matches at PAC and then advanced all the way to state.

chambers,

Do you think Zeke Harmon should wrestle at 140 or 145? I couldn't get a solid answer from Coach Packer.

He's also someone (as you know) that didn't wrestle last year, but was tough two years ago.

Zeke is good enough to win  95% of his matches at either weight. If he can make 140 according to his weight loss plan that is what I would do. I don't know what  weight class Doug or Chad Welch  from Castle will be wrestling but last year they were 145 and 152.  If they are back at those weights then the best thing for Zeke would be to go 140 if he wants to win a sectional or regional.

• 1 month later...

Things are looking up at Tecumseh. We have around 17 wrestlers right now and may pick up  a few more this week after they get physicals. If we get one of the guys that I expect out this week and if another guy can cut ten pounds then we will have a full line up for the first time since the 1980's.  Only 3 seniors and 0 juniors  so we are very young and inexperienced.

I hate to see a season ending injury happen to anyone. Maybe Clayton can make it back for sectional. I can remember at least two times a Southridge when we had guys hurt all year (or suspended) that came back and wrestled their first matches at PAC and then advanced all the way to state.

how many times do you have to wrestle during the season to be eligble for Sectionals?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.