Chesterton Super Duals November 20th

RegionDad

Which teams will be there?  Last year it was Chesterton, Delphi, Elkhart Memorial, McCutcheon, and Munster.  Is it the same this year?  Could be some good matches!  Quiroz v. Smith at 160,  Seaman v. Sumner at 215.

What about Lynde vs.Quiroz? And Lynde vs.Smith?

Good point.  I missed that one.  Smith is 152 according to the rankings so he might not wrestle Quiroz or Lynde.

It looks like Munster, Elhart Memorial, and Delphi will be there for sure.  Not sure about McCutcheon.

Wouldn't suprise me if they bump him to wrestle them! That Lynde vs. Quiroz could be a very entertainging match I think it would be fun to watch!

Results:

Munster - 1st

Elkhart Mem - 2nd

Delphi - 3rd

McCutcheon - 4th

Chesterton - 5th

Shenandoah - 6th

Sorry I don't have the actual team scores, but I am sure someone will post them.

There were some very questionable forfiets during the tournament.  Anyone who attended the meet will understand what I mean. 

Not a very good article when it highlights kids cutting extreme amounts of weight.

The article did not mention that Aurelio weighed 122 in August with no practice and no diet nor that he lost the 10 lbs over 10+ weeks while practicing at RWA in Sept/Oct and at MHS in Nov and with a diet put in place by his uncle who is a dietician.  That's what he meant was his "walking around" weight.

I believe weight loss and conditioning is between the athlete, the parents and the coach...I read the article and I have to agree that it didn't reflect well on the sport of wrestling.  Would have been great if the reporter knew something about the sport and how body-fat is taken and monitored and reflects on the amount of weight a wreslter can cut.  Not very many kids in this sport wrestle at their "walking around weight" they push-away from the table, don't eat twinkies or sit in front of the TV/Video games and they work hard to be where they are at.  Weight management is somewhat personal, talking to tabloids/rags  about weight cutting doesn't help the sport or local programs (our local paper is a rag...so I call all newspapers the same...tabloids or rags...as I have yet to find one that report positively on the sport of wrestling). Cutting weight isn't what it used to be, it is now monitored and I believe that the athletes, parents and coaches watch the weight cutting very closely.

While this was a relevant post, I was hoping to see others who were at Chesterton ask one of the questions I had...why didn't Elkhart wrestle either of their two 171 pounders against Lynde?  They had already won the dual, yet they opted to forfiet.  If someone can explain that strategy I would greatly appreciate it.  Sorry to change the subject.

Would have been great if the reporter knew something about the sport and how body-fat is taken and monitored and reflects on the amount of weight a wreslter can cut. 

The numbers sent to the IHSAA aren't a true representaton of the kids weight/body fat/hydration.  I would guess most school "tinkers" with those numbers to fit their own agenda.

The numbers sent to the IHSAA aren't a true representaton of the kids weight/body fat/hydration.  I would guess most school "tinkers" with those numbers to fit their own agenda.

So you are saying most schools are undermining a program meant to protect the health of kids?

well why r kids being held out ? cause they r not at weight?  i think thats a dead give away that they r not following weight management plan..unless they were just overweight for this tourney. or coach wont allow them to wrestle a weight class up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.