Hoosier Hills Conference

grappler119

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you rate the teams in terms of strength now?

I'd say

Columbus East

Jennings County

Jeffersonville

Floyd Central

New Albany

Seymour

Madison

BNL

I didn't get to see all of the results from Saturday but from most of the scores this is what I would say.

I dont think there is a clear cut favorite in the HHC. I think Columbus East did a fantastic job placing their wrestlers for the teams best match-up. There are so many small things that happened or could happen in most instances that could have either team turning the tide in their favor.  I am not sure if JC is about moving their lineup or not, but if they are, it could have made a difference to bump baldwin and wathen, ashton could have gotten a pin, Bass is in the lineup, Columbus East 103 made weight and they dont take a forfeit there, resch and montgomery dont get pinned....There are all kinds of scenarios that could turn the tides one way or another.  I am not sure if all the Riekers are moving down for the confernece/sectional and 112 and 119 are moving down and I am sure ashton is moving down and they have a 160 and 189 so they dont have to take forfeits there either. So they could get even tougher if things fall into place.  But if these things happen will they match up as well?  I cant wait to see, it will be another exciting dogfight.  There is nothing better for wrestling to have hundreds or wrestlers and fans screaming at the top of their lungs!! Btw, I think Jeff will still be right there when it is all said and done;)

I dont think there is a clear cut favorite in the HHC. I think Columbus East did a fantastic job placing their wrestlers for the teams best match-up. There are so many small things that happened or could happen in most instances that could have either team turning the tide in their favor.  I am not sure if JC is about moving their lineup or not, but if they are, it could have made a difference to bump baldwin and wathen, ashton could have gotten a pin, Bass is in the lineup, Columbus East 103 made weight and they dont take a forfeit there, resch and montgomery dont get pinned....There are all kinds of scenarios that could turn the tides one way or another.  I am not sure if all the Riekers are moving down for the confernece/sectional and 112 and 119 are moving down and I am sure ashton is moving down and they have a 160 and 189 so they dont have to take forfeits there either. So they could get even tougher if things fall into place.  But if these things happen will they match up as well?  I cant wait to see, it will be another exciting dogfight.  There is nothing better for wrestling to have hundreds or wrestlers and fans screaming at the top of their lungs!! Btw, I think Jeff will still be right there when it is all said and done;)

Well said Ty.  I think things will look a little different next month, but JC, Jeff and CE will be the 3 teams in the hunt for the conference title.

I just pray I don't hear the intro song to the television show M.A.S.H. anymore when I walk into our practice room hahahaha. 

Tyson, I hope all of your guys get healthy......I know a couple that weren't there this past weekend will make some noise at the conference tournament next month.

For everyone rooting against Jeff, just hope they dont get all the guys back that arent wrestling right now.  Heavyweight,189,171 and Tatgenhorst could change everything. All those guys are varsity and didnt wrestle in HHC.

I havent heard anyone rooting against anyone....I know I am not rooting against Jeff near as much as I am rooting for JC...lol Actually once sectional is over I will be rooting for every kid in HHC.  But for some reason almost every team is beat up right now and not sure if anyone had their full team in the proper weight class.  This tournment is held pretty early, and doesnt have great significance in the grand scheme of anyones long term plans. Its just a tune up and I would be willing to bet, as much as everyone wanted to win, no one is going to lay to much  importance in many of the outcomes, because of the major changes that are still to come.  Thats what makes it kinda of exciting!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.