Hoosier Hills Conference

grappler119

Any early thoughts/insights into the HHC this year? I believe it is going to be a tight battle for the top spot between Jeffersonville and Jennings County followed closely by Columbus East. I think Floyd Central and New Albany are still young and fall somewhere in the middle follwed up by Madison, Seymour, and Bedford (not in any specific order). Overall, I think the experience level is coming up and should prove to be a competitve season.

Here are estimates of top 4 in each weight class (purely a guess until we see where people end up in weight).

1Kennedy Floyd Central

2Nelson Columbus East

3Deleon Jeffersonville

4Hill Seymour

1Shepherd Jeffersonville

2Happel Floyd Central

3Engleking Jennings County

4Coomer New Albany

1Reiker Columbus East

2Taylor Madison

3Holwager Jennings County

4Ward New Albany

1Reiker Columbus East

2Castro Jeffersonville

3Resch Jenings County

4Jamison New Albany

1Reiker Columbus East

2Montgomery Jennings County

3Ward New Albany

4Krurer Floyd Central

1Marler New Albany

2Gast Jennings County

3Vazquez Jeffersonville

4Garcia Columbus East

1Adams Madison

2Harbin Jeffersonville

3Shuler Coumbus East

4Saylor Jennings County

1Weekley Jeffersonville

2Baughn Bedford NL

3Holwager Jennings County

4Stillinger Columbus East

1Tatgenhorst Jeffersonville

2Ogle Columbus East

3Foster Floyd Central

4Carpenter Seymour

1Browner Jeffersonville

2Fish Madison

3O'Connel New Albany

4Sneed Floyd Central

1Brierly Columbus East

2Wathen Jennings County

3Marlin Jeffersonville

4Mann New Albany

1Baldwin Jennings County

2Bowen Jeffersonville

3Faith New Albany

4Reynolds Bedford NL

1Bass Jennings County

2Pratt Jeffersonville

3Young Madison

4Leasor New Albany

1Collett Jennings County

2Curtley Jeffersonville

3Biesen Madison

4Sharpe Floyd Central

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a few adjustments with some new information. There should be some great match-ups this year.

119 Reiker vs Taylor

140 Adams vs Harbin

171 Brierly vs Wathen with Marlin in the mix

189 Balwin vs Bowen

215 Bass vs Pratt

285 Collett vs Curtley or Dewitt (will be a great wrestle-off in Jeffs room)

Could be a big year for state qualifiers from the conference. I see 12 weights that have kids with legitimate shots at getting through the semi-state.

i would have to say floyd central will be a competitor again this year. They have not dominated the past couple of years but they got that stuff behind them. They have dominated the middleschool tournaments the past three or four years. They have one of the strongest coaching staffs with 4 former D1 wreslters coachin in the room and some good athletes out. In two years they should have the best team in the hhc.

I still think Jeff is the top team but they lost a lot of guys. Floyd and JC will be right there with them. After that it is a pretty big drop off in competition.

Jeff

Floyd

Jennings

NA

Columbus

Bedford

Madison

Seymour

i would have to say floyd central will be a competitor again this year. They have not dominated the past couple of years but they got that stuff behind them. They have dominated the middleschool tournaments the past three or four years. They have one of the strongest coaching staffs with 4 former D1 wreslters coachin in the room and some good athletes out. In two years they should have the best team in the hhc.

I still think Jeff is the top team but they lost a lot of guys. Floyd and JC will be right there with them. After that it is a pretty big drop off in competition.

Jeff

Floyd

Jennings

NA

Columbus

Bedford

Madison

Seymour

I think you may be over rating Floyd a little and under estimating Columbus East.  CE has it's entire team from last year returning including a couple of very good wrestlers returning from injury.  CE could win HHC.  Should be a good battle between Jeff, JC and CE.  FC, NA and Mad will fall in line after that with Bed and Sey bringing up the rear.

Well hopefully Madison doesn't finish in the basement like you are predicting.  We are a young team with 15 freshman and currently 37 on roster but I think we can be a good team in HHC before it is all said and done.  Right now I agree with CEWrestling, I see 3 classes in the HHC, and I think Madison will fall in the middle somewhere.  I see jeff, East, and Jennings as the top dogs this year.  I have heard great things about Floyd so they may be making that jump back into the top dog spot this year.

I would say every team in the HHC though is on the move and programs are improving across the board!!!!

Look for greta things from all the teams come tourney time.

I agree the HHC is getting much stronger. I put Madison there because I knew they were real young and bnl looked like they were improving last year. I don't think theres a basement in the HHC. As long as teams fill out spots they'll be competing.

I didnt realize CE had so many returning, so maybe my early predictions were a little off. I'll move CE above NA but I think NA will be improved over last year as long as they fill all their spots. I could see the top four all getting at least one loss based on matchups at the HHC duals.

I think FC will be back because they had a ton of good underclassmen last year and should have a boatload of freshman out this year that did very well at the middle school. I don't see them overtaking Jeff because it looks like the room at Jeff is pretty deep and more experienced.

I agree that the level of competition is coming up across the conference. I believe there are currently 10 ranked wrestlers in the conference (and I am sure there will be a few more before the end of the season). Sorry if I missed any names.

112 - Shepherd (11) Jeffersonville

119 - Reiker (12) Columbus East

130 - Reiker (12) Columbus East

135 - Weekley (12) Jeffersonville

171 - Brierly (12) Columbus East; Wathen (11) Jennings County; Marlin (11) Jeffersonville

189 - Bass (11) Jennings County

215 - Collett (12) Jenning County; Pratt (12) Jeffersonville

backagain...I have to say that I am with you.  Floyd is coming back and will be stronger than ever.  Coach Sisson is second to none, along with the three other d1 wrestlers now on our coaching staff. Our middle school teams have dominated during the last few seasons, and we had much off season success.  Jeff has had there fun, but it is now time Floyd to take back the reins as THE top program in the HHC!!! ;D

I agree I really think Columbus East is going to wake some people up in the  HHC.

119 125 130- Reikers

171 189- Brierly missed last season and is a man on a mission and Johnson only a soph. at 171 is really going to surprise alot of people.

112- 171 I really don't see Columbus East losing alot of matches.

CE will be tough in the middle classes. I'll have to wait to see the entire team before I give them the crown though. I checked out jeff on the capital city brackets. lots of new names in there. I think your going to see close race at the top this year. i think a lot of teams have three or four guys they can count on for sure but the team that wins will be the one that is most solid from top to bottom and doesnt give up pins and picks up bonus points. this will be the most exciting hhc duals in a long time i think. guess we'll know more come saturday.

Thanks everyone who posted results out there. Looks like a lot of teams are still figuring out there line ups and filling all the spots.

Jennings County should be a great matchup with CE with some big battles if they can both have a compelte lineup this weekend.

Any results from New Albany, BNL, or Seymour??

FC has only wrestled their scrimmage and they have some of the best talent they had in many years. I could see four state qualifiers on that team. From what I've seen they have a good shot at getting the crown back this year with the six minute style back in action.

Any results from New Albany, BNL, or Seymour??

Seymour had first meet Tues. against Bloomington North winning 42-33.  We will face Hanover Southwestern this Tuesday.  Still figuring out some weight issues and battle a little sickness (as are most) but hopefully that is better figured out before duals.  We do have a large number of freshman on the squad this year that will help in building us more depth over the next few years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.