T.E.C.

bb official

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a TEC team out there that all buys the same kind of wrestling shoe, like in basketball and other sports?

I liked the 90's era wrestling where "style" in apparel was fairly important. For instance, some guys would wear two different kinds of wrestling shoes. Maybe an Asics-left and a Nike-right. Plus, they'd sometimes have different colored shoe-strings, which I found as a wrestler to give a slight edge because of the distracting factor.

I knew a guy that used to wear on his left leg only, though he shot on opponents right leg 68% of the time, a watermelon pink and green knee pad. Plus, the singlets were those upper thigh length style singlets that allowed for ample thigh slapping prior to a match to give a slight pysch-out advantage.

Oh, yes, and mat-maids. I know some schools still have them, but in the nineties, those girls wore their hair big.

I remember 1995 when wrestlers in Indiana were wearing Looney Toons socks... Really distracting.. never did understand that one... glad it was a one year thing..

I was trying to find out who was going to be at the Milan 5-Way. So I got on Milan?s Web site it said B-ville SD , Union County ,Lawrenceburg. I wasn?t sure who B?vill was so I got on Batesville?s Web site and it said Milan, Brown County, Union County and South Dearborn. So I thought what the heck I will check out South Dearborn?s  site and it said South Dearborn Triple Duels at South Dearborn. So then went to Union County?s site and couldn?t get nothing. So does any body know who will be there. It made my head hurt.

The Milan 5-way is actually a rotating event between Milan and South Dearborn as hosts. This year it is at South Dearborn. The teams historically have been Milan, South Dearborn, Union County, Batesville and Lawrenceburg.

I think it will be a battle between Union City and Union County this year! Union city beat winchest once this year. And they also face north eastern next week somtime! It should be a great confrence battle!

Union City actually beat Winchester, they are 14-2 and undefeated against TEC teams. 14-2, sorry their bad. SORRY

I'm not knocking Union City. I am sure that I am pulling for them as much as anybody seeing how that is where I wrestled. I think that they have very good potential and are a good dual meet team. What holds me back on saying they will win the TEC are a couple of things. First of all, the TEC is no longer relying on the dual season as determining a share of the title. This means that only the tournament matters. I don't see too many TEC champion caliber wrestlers on this years team (I could be wrong, and hope that I am proven wrong). It will be very, very difficult to win the TEC without champions. That said, they will need to place top 3 in most weight classes. I just don't think that they are there yet. They are not what someone who knows the sport as a strong tournament team. My second drawback drives the first. While not all of the TEC teams have strong dual meet teams, many of them have the possibility of having multiple champions. Union County looks to be the best tournament team to me with several guys that will be favored to win championships. They will be hard for anyone else to beat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.