T.E.C.

bb official

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be UC... But, UCo.  but, it will also be a closer race than last years was.  I think the top 2 are definately UCo, then Win.  after this, who knows.  Good luck to all and were getting close to wrestling time. 

i think union co is the front runner, i believe they have 3 or 4 returning champs, centerville will be weak they may have 1 or 2 that could give some one a run, winchester could be the spoiler this year they are very well coached and they have some very good talent again this year, lincoln, tri , union city ,hagerstown and northeastern will all be trying to crown a champ also  good luck to all T.E.C. teams

I hear Winchester is down on numbers this year .  Union City is supposedly high in numbers but those kids are usually poorly conditioned an poorly coached. Centerville lost some talent last year, but they always have a chance. Northeastern has good training but seems like they are usually low on numbers.  Union County always has talent, but they lost a lot of it last year.  Winchesters kids are always scrappers. In the end I believe it will come down to talent (Union County) vs hard work (Winchester).  We all know what wins in the long run  ;D

I think Union County will still have some good wrestlers. Yes they lost some talent last year, but Duckworth could only win one weight class. I think they are still the front runners. Winchester and Centerville always seem to be right in the mix, but I think they are going to be battling it out for second place. Union City, Lincoln, Hagerstown, Northeastern, and Tri will battle out for places 8-4. They just don't have the numbers or quality of wrestlers as Union County, Winchester, and Centerville.

Is there a TEC team out there that all buys the same kind of wrestling shoe, like in basketball and other sports?

I liked the 90's era wrestling where "style" in apparel was fairly important. For instance, some guys would wear two different kinds of wrestling shoes. Maybe an Asics-left and a Nike-right. Plus, they'd sometimes have different colored shoe-strings, which I found as a wrestler to give a slight edge because of the distracting factor.

I knew a guy that used to wear on his left leg only, though he shot on opponents right leg 68% of the time, a watermelon pink and green knee pad. Plus, the singlets were those upper thigh length style singlets that allowed for ample thigh slapping prior to a match to give a slight pysch-out advantage.

Oh, yes, and mat-maids. I know some schools still have them, but in the nineties, those girls wore their hair big.

Northeastern wrestling at daleville didn't make them look strong as a team.  Cody handley was the only strong one of the bunch at 135

I usually dont get caught up on the disscussion board, to me it's too much drama and I tell my guys to stay away from it. I monitor it to make sure that they aren't on here saying things. However,I felt I had to say something since our "strengh" was being questioned.

Yes we are down on numbers, but to me when you take only 9 guys into a tournament that has mostly full teams, and can overcome a 30 point lead that's pretty "strong". I am very proud of my guys. They work hard and had a good weekend. I wont sacrifice the level of intensity in our room to get out more guys. Most of the guys at Northeastern can't handle the work. We are over it now, and are looking to Union Coutny this coming weekend. Good Luck to all TEC teams this year.

Thanks,

Coach Curtis

I think union county will be the toughest team but centerville will have a lot of potential and could give some people a run for their money.  Is jerrod findley going to wrestle at union county sense he got thrown out of regionals last year

Please keep the Findley Family in your prayers as Jerod lost his 24 year old brother in car wreck.along with several other family tragedies thru the last year . Hoping Jerod can and will wrestle this year. could be only 3 rd wrestler in union count history to be 4 time TEC conference champion.

Please keep the Findley Family in your prayers as Jerod lost his 24 year old brother in car wreck.along with several other family tragedies thru the last year . Hoping Jerod can and will wrestle this year. could be only 3 rd wrestler in union count history to be 4 time TEC conference champion.

Actually the 4th for the TEC but the 2nd for a 4x sectional champ the only other 4x sectional champ in Union County history goes by the name of Bizzy on here  :D

I hear Winchester is down on numbers this year .  Union City is supposedly high in numbers but those kids are usually poorly conditioned an poorly coached. Centerville lost some talent last year, but they always have a chance. Northeastern has good training but seems like they are usually low on numbers.  Union County always has talent, but they lost a lot of it last year.  Winchesters kids are always scrappers. In the end I believe it will come down to talent (Union County) vs hard work (Winchester).  We all know what wins in the long run  ;D

Union City beat Winchester today.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.