Homemade mat cleaner????

Coach Wilk

Not sure where you are at, but you could maybe check with a hospital (maybe nursing home but not always as good) in your area to see what type of clearner they use for areas that need good steralization..  I would suspect what they use would also do a decent job on the mats.

one cup of bleach to one gallon of water.

From what I've been told by health professionals bleach will do a good job of cleaning.  However, the residue from the bleach mixed with sweat may be enough to increase the chances of drying out your skin.  This may create more skin cracks leading to a greater chance of actually getting a skin disease.  We have been advised for years that it would be best to find other cleaning products with less of a bleach base.

• 4 weeks later...

Be careful, mats are expensive and some of the suggestions will dry them out and drastically shorten the mat life. I do not have a suggestion, just wanted you to be aware. One of the old guys in our club likes to use a bleach water mixture. But he recommends mopping with clean water after the bleach mixture to keep the mats and wrestlers from drying out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.