Your experience at UFC 119: Mir vs Cro Cop

MattM

Unfortunately I choose not to go to UFC 119 mostly do to the financial hit of buying a ticket.  One of our assistant coaches went and said it was great. He was sitting in a big Chris Lytle section and being a big BBJ guy himself was a little outnumbered during that match.  But overall had a great time from what he has told me.  I know some of you were able to go, so how was your experience?

I had seats right beside where the fighters leave the cage 8 rows back from the cage.  I touched every fighter which made the event awesome.  I got a hat from Ed soares and Evan Dunhams coach.  A guy I went with got Junior Dos Santos hat.  A guy next to us got Greg jacksons towel.  All we did was ask for them on their way back. 

Dunham got screwed.  The judges were a lil off the whole night. 

After the main event we walked up to the cage and talked to John Fitch , Ben Rothwell, and Alan Belcher.  They were all really cool and talked with us for a good bit.  Fitch was the coolest, he talked the longest and answered all our questions. 

After we left conseco we ran into Melvin Guilard was in line to go itno a club. (got a pic with him) McCorkle and Beltran were just walking down street. 

Stood beside tom acentio? (the owner of affliction) he talked with Rothwell on what club they were goin to.  was something 6. Cant remember. 

Mir was a huge dissapointment to me.  He was the only fighter not to touch any fans on his way out or leaving.  I heard he refused a little kid at his hotel and was an arrogant prick. 

Anyways it was awesome, the fights were ok.  Crowd was pretty fun, beers were 7 bucks,

After your last mma experience posted here I was surprised you attended NAvy.....but it sounds like this was a 180 on your previous experience.  I wasn't able to attend myself but honestly I didn't think I would even If I was able.  But, as I was watching a pirated feed on my laptop and heard the deafening chants of Lytle..Lytle...Lytle... it really made me wish I was in attendence.  Then Mir-CroCop happened and I was glad I didn't have a long drive home. 

The crowd noise was great though....does anyone have a link to a news article where Dana talks about the venue and the fans?  I know the the gate exceeded expectations and it would be great to see the UFC back again.

After your last mma experience posted here I was surprised you attended NAvy.....but it sounds like this was a 180 on your previous experience.  I wasn't able to attend myself but honestly I didn't think I would even If I was able.  But, as I was watching a pirated feed on my laptop and heard the deafening chants of Lytle..Lytle...Lytle... it really made me wish I was in attendence.  Then Mir-CroCop happened and I was glad I didn't have a long drive home. 

The crowd noise was great though....does anyone have a link to a news article where Dana talks about the venue and the fans?  I know the the gate exceeded expectations and it would be great to see the UFC back again.

Well, the last one was strikeforce and I just couldnt refuse a UFC event in Indy.  Having amazing seats prolly made this venue the best ever for me.  you are right it was a 180.  I did not see any fights or anything like I experienced at strikeforce. 

I lost my voice from chanting Lylte so much.