39 Days!!!!!

CoachW33

Just a little excited to get the season underway.  I find myself looking at last years sectional results, filling in team line ups, and thinking about the wrestlers I'll have the opportunity to coach. This is how I have tried to fill the void until middle school football is finished and preseason practice starts for me.  How is everyone else handling the countdown?

I'm not sure about anyone else but I dream about wrestling every night as it is the last thing on my mind when I am in bed.  Thoughts of the team, individual wrestlers, eligibility, technique, and the overall direction of the program are just a few of the things that occupy my mind on a consistent basis - especially as the season approaches!  

Having the opportunity to build a program at Arlington, one of the WORST schools in the state in a variety of areas, has been extremely exciting because it is from the ground up.  We have focused on changing the culture of the school, exploiting the aggression, and have worked to dispell the misconceptions.  Seeing the transition take place on a daily basis from a school that currently had no concept of wrestling to a school that is beginning to embrace the sport is an awesome feeling.

With that said, our knowledge of wrestling, participation and schedule have all enhanced.  Our expectations are aligned between coaches, faculty, individual wrestlers and as a team.  Our Booster Club is beginning to pump on all cylinders.  We have a full line-up, a first since 1986, and even a JV team now.  We have an in-house middle school program so I get the kids for 7 years rather than 4 now, which is huge because the overall athletic ability of our kids will help close the competitive gap much faster.  Our kids our young but hungry, and we have a few that legitimately have a shot of competing downtown this year!  

Nevertheless, there is an excitement here at Arlington that I am privelaged to be a part of.  The days of sub par wrestling in IPS is coming to an end.  You heard it here first!  Best wishes this season to all wrestlers and coaches!  The time is almost upon us!!!!  ;D

Good luck this season coach Hull.  I will be following your school and hope they can help you build the program with you, I love your excitement!  My son's wrestle for Hamilton Heights so hopefully we see some of your kid's at regionals. Again good luck this season! 

Jeff Elmore

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.