Alex Tsirtsis joins Region Wrestling Academy

Bill Hawkins

Information below on the Region Wrestling Academy School,

Workouts start August 30th, Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights

545pm to 715pm - incoming 8th graders and below

715pm to 845pm - incoming freshman and up

any questions feel free to call and or email any of the below contacts.

REGION WRESTLING ACADEMY

New Location- Calumet High School, 3900 Calhoun Street, Calumet

Township Indiana 46408

Information regarding the new REGION WRESTLING ACADEMY, formerly named CIA NWI

WRESTLING ACADEMY. We are now operating separately from CIA INDY. We will continue to

work together for camps through out the year and maintain a great relationship.

The new Region Wrestling Academy's philosophy will not change. We will focus on making our kids

champions in wrestling, and also being successful in life. We believe in hard work, and dedication to

bring out our athletes full potential. We have the same full time staff as the previous CIA NWI with

one huge addition. We will be adding Alex Tsirtsis, former NCAA Div 1 All American and 4 time

undefeated High School State Champion. He has committed to Region Wrestling Academy full time

and will be starting in the new upcoming sessions. He is ready to assist in making more champions on

and off the mat.

Along with the above changes there will be a new payment program. This will ensure that we can keep

ALL staff members together. With these changes and continuous growth we want to build a program

that is second to none. Attached is the new Region Wrestling Academy rates, also there will be a

website and pay-pal option which will be available before the first official session begins. Any

questions please call Bill Hawkins at 219-308-0603 or email at chathawk@aol.com, Alex Tsirtsis at

219-201-5420 or email at cham119pion@hotmail.com ,or Vince Sessa at 219-680-9541 or email at

forestpark@comcast.net.

Sincerely, Bill Hawkins, Vince Sessa and Alex Tsirtsis

Bill Hawkins

High School Runner-Up and 2 x State Qualifier

NJCAA All American

Wrestled for Edinboro Univ. of Penn. Div 1

Coached by multiple time Olympic Gold Medalist Bruce Baumgardner while at Edinboro

Vince Sessa

High School State Champion

High School State Runner-Up

NJCAA All American

Former Lake Central High School Assistant for many years

Alex Tsirtsis

Four Time Indiana High School State Champion/236-0

Wrestled for the Univ. of Iowa

NCAA DIV. 1 All American

Part of Two NCAA Div. 1 National Championship Teams at Univ. of Iowa

* New Web site along with Pay Pal will be up and running by Aug. 30th , 2010.*

http://sites.google.com/site/regionwrestlingacademy

Alex Tsirtsis returns to his roots!!  Alex actually began his wrestling career in the CHS Wrestling Room...as a Griffith tike...before he started breaking the other kids and we  had to ask him to leave!! The Calumet Wrestling program is ecstatic about having the opportunity for our kids to train with these Indiana greats ...in our own facility. The academy atmosphere is designed to help kids get better...fast!! The intensity level is formidable and the quality of available workout partners is awesome!!! Come and be a part of the Region Wrestling Academy at Calumet HS.                   

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for Da Region!  That's a great coaching staff!  Can't thank those guys enough for what they've done for me.. I can tell you one thing, you won't be wasting your money if you go here.. They make champions!! 

And Alex Tsirtsis, wow this guy is the real deal.. He beat me up a bunch last year, and his workouts are unbelievable! 

Congrats to Coach Hawk, Sessa, and Tsirtsis!  Can't wait to see your boys win some state titles!!

-McMurray

Great news for Da Region!  That's a great coaching staff!  Can't thank those guys enough for what they've done for me.. I can tell you one thing, you won't be wasting your money if you go here.. They make champions!! 

And Alex Tsirtsis, wow this guy is the real deal.. He beat me up a bunch last year, and his workouts are unbelievable! 

Congrats to Coach Hawk, Sessa, and Tsirtsis!  Can't wait to see your boys win some state titles!!

-McMurray

Agreed Great news for Da Region! Tsirtsis is an Indiana Wrestling Legend. Good to see him back in the Hoosier State giving back!

Sean- Hows Michigan State treating ya? You guys start workouts yet? I hope during the season you can still jump on Indianamat & keep us posted! Good Luck Bud!

P.S.- I love the profile Pic!  8)

Agreed Great news for Da Region! Tsirtsis is an Indiana Wrestling Legend. Good to see him back in the Hoosier State giving back!

Sean- Hows Michigan State treating ya? You guys start workouts yet? I hope during the season you can still jump on Indianamat & keep us posted! Good Luck Bud!

P.S.- I love the profile Pic!  8)

MSU is great.. I am very happy with my decision to further my education here.. Workouts have started and they are tough, but everyone gets better everyday!  Still unsure whether I am red shirting or not, but I will keep you guys posted..  Ohh and the other Indiana guys are doing well, too!  Both should be starting come wrestling season!

MSU is great.. I am very happy with my decision to further my education here.. Workouts have started and they are tough, but everyone gets better everyday!  Still unsure whether I am red shirting or not, but I will keep you guys posted..  Ohh and the other Indiana guys are doing well, too!  Both should be starting come wrestling season!

Good to hear that you like MSU. 1st yr away from the house/state is the hardest, at least it was for me. Glad to hear you are enjoying East Lansing. So the workouts are tough ha I can only imagine, you guys just hitting the gym/cardio or doing some wrestling too? So you might be red-shirting, well if you do that just gives you an extra yr to get that much better.

Thanks for the updates!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.