Big Tens?

Drooke

EVANSTON, Ill. ? Northwestern and the Big Ten Conference announced on Thursday that the 2011 Big Ten Wrestling Championships, previously scheduled to be held at Purdue, have been moved to Welsh-Ryan Arena on the campus of Northwestern. The tournament is set for Saturday-Sunday, March 5-6, 2011.

?I speak for the entire Northwestern Athletic department when I say we are 100 percent committed to hosting an outstanding Big Ten Championships,? said first-year Wildcat head coach Drew Pariano. ?We will work endlessly to create an exceptional environment for the student-athletes and thousands of fans arriving in Evanston this March.

?Our team could not be more excited about the news of our hosting this event,?

Pariano continued. ?It gives our seniors a chance to compete in Welsh-Ryan Arena one final time before heading to Philadelphia for the NCAA Championships.?

Fans interested in purchasing tickets should submit their initial requests to the Northwestern ticket office via e-mail at wrestling.northwestern@gmail.com. Please include your the following information in your e-mail:

Full name

Phone number

E-mail address

Mailing address

Number of single-day (indicate which day) and/or weekend-long passes you would like to purchase

You will be contacted at a later date by a member of the Northwestern ticket sales staff to finalize your transaction. No single-day or weekend-long ticket prices have been set at this time.

Northwestern, which has hosted the Big Ten Wrestling Championships on 13 prior occasions, last held the event in its home arena in 2001. Welsh-Ryan Arena now will be the site of two of college wrestling?s premier events in 2010-11, with NU also set to host the 48th annual Midlands Championships Dec. 29-30, 2010.

Courtesy of Scott Hammer, Northwestern Sports Information

:'(

Because of the new construction of Macky Arena, I don't think it will be completed.  So Purdue is going to pass this year and Northwestern is going to have it then next year Purdue will host it.  

Coach Weimer

I wonder if this means they are going to cancel the Indoor Big Ten Track and Field Championships that are going to be held at Purdue the week before the Wrestling Championships where to be held.

Yes I am bitter!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.