Move-Ins

Drooke

That was an interesting article.  At our point his Dad says he would have been better off wrestling Middle School in Michigan and then he turns around and says they wanted to wrestle HS in Kentucky.  This is kind of taking moving for athletic reasons to a whole new level.  I guess he could have went to three different schools...a different one for each sport.    

I eat, breathe and sleep wrestling as much as anyone, but I really find doing these types of things for wrestling is not really worth it.  There are no pro leagues and all this money spent to live in Kentucky for a couple months could be better put into other things like a college fund.  This is one of those decisions that just make me shake my head at what the point of sports is. 

I eat, breathe and sleep wrestling as much as anyone, but I really find doing these types of things for wrestling is not really worth it.  There are no pro leagues and all this money spent to live in Kentucky for a couple months could be better put into other things like a college fund.  This is one of those decisions that just make me shake my head at what the point of sports is. 

Amen

My guess? Hall...from Michigan via Kentucky.

Just a stab in the dark!

I wouldn't make much sense for it to be Hall.  He would only be in 8th this year and couldn't wrestle HS in Indiana or most states for that matter.  So it seems like he would either find someplace in Michigan he can train at for a MS season or go back to Kentucky so he can wrestle HS state again.

Easiest answer would be a HS kid from the Chicago area toward a region school. 

But in the scheme of tranfers its not hard to fathom someone from say the Southwestern Michigan border trying to move to a tough region school, someone from Northeast Missouri or Southeastern Illinois border moving to Evensville area school, or even someone from west central Ohio moving Yorktown. 

Now I'm not in any way saying anyone at these school are trying to pull these kids in.  However the kids at that high of a level and their parents both know where the top wrestling school this section of the country are.  Then it just takes either having a relative in the area or a oppertunity for a job to make the move happen and go from being in an average wrestling program to being in a room with stud practice partners and a great coach. 

Personally I think to many people get away from the education part of things when they get so deep into a sport the uproot their family and move a great distance just to be with a top notch team.  If the kids that good already he really doesn't need the new team that much.  Plus if its under the idea of helping in educaiton in most cases that could have been found much claser than a great distance away too.

I totally agree with you guys...but on another note, what about his win vs. the California kid? That CAL kid was a state HS champ in a single class state and in the Top 5 nationally....and Hall is a 7th grader? That's just unbelievable...

I agree though, this scenario with Hall takes it to a whole new level. This reminds me of the Illinois kid who just won Cadet Naationals at Fargo. He is originally from Utah, moves to Ohio to train with the Jordans and then moves to Illinois because apparently the old man got into it with the Coaches so now I heard he is enrolling at Montini Catholic in Lombard, IL.

Can you say Hardcore? Some people call me Hardcore...hahaha...but that's insanity. (not to mention the money being spent)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.