Congratulations to Zach Errett, USA Wrestling National Official of the Year

grecoref

Indiana's own Zach Errett was named USAW Official of the Year at the Cadet and Junior Nationals in Fargo on Tuesday evening.

Zach is the Head Wrestling Coach at Mooresville. His father Dave Errett was the head coach at Martinsville for many years and he previously was named USAW Official of the Year. In fact, Zach becomes the sixth Indiana Official to be named to this honor. The others are Jack Bowman, Dave Errett, Tom Clark, Jan Hesser and Doug Molin were all previous winners.

Zach is one of only 2 Olympic Category Referees in this country and 1 of 48 in the entire world (yes both USA Olympic Category Referees live in Indiana).

It was my pleasure to make the announcement at the USWOA General Membership Meeting last night. His father, Dave presented him with the award.

Congrats again Zach.

Tom Clark

Congratulations Zach, that is quite an honor indeed!

Without having met you I can also assume (with great accuracy) that you are probably the better looking of the two Olympic Category referees living in Indiana  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Zach:  Congrats on achieving this award.  I haven't seen you officiate, but know that you put your all into everything you do.  You've made your Mother and Father proud once again.  Good Luck with your Pioneers next season.

Jon Hammond

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.