Sliga - Tripple Crown Watch

profestler

Mich Sliga is 1 of only 2 cadet wrestlers still alive for the triple crown (the other is Zan Richrads - IL @ 130)

Has this ever been accomplished by an IN wrestler (besides Sliga @ schoolboy)?

What a great ambassador for Indiana Wrestling!

Mich Sliga is 1 of only 2 cadet wrestlers still alive for the triple crown (the other is Zan Richrads - IL @ 130)

Has this ever been accomplished by an IN wrestler (besides Sliga @ schoolboy)?

What a great ambassador for Indiana Wrestling!

I believe Indiana has had a few other schoolboy or lower triple crown winners, but there has never been one at the cadet or junior age division.

An interesting little factoid concerning the other potential Cadet Triple Crown Winner. Both Ethan Raley and Justin Kieffer recorded close wins over Zane Richards (Ill) during the past Scholastic Duals.

Also I can finally say let's go "My Man Mitch" and feel good about it!

Congrats to Silga for capturing the first Cadet Triple Crown in Indiana history! Most wrestlers never get 1 Fargo crown, but to win 3 in the same year un real! Indiana has had some absolute studs numerous state champs compete at Frago, and for them to never win the tripple crown just shows how tough FARGO is. WOW im still blown away, good luck this up coming season looks like we kmight have our next 3X state champ!

• 3 weeks later...

In related matters here is a list of past Cadet and Junior Division National Champs and then All-Americans via iswa website.

http://www.iswa.com/allamer.html

That site is missing a cadet champ at 215  F/S from 1999.  I can't remember the guy's name to save my life.  It's Mike something or other from Carmel.  He teched or pinned everyone he wrestled that year.  Killer fball player too.  Was plagued w/ injuries his jr and sr year though.

That site is missing a cadet champ at 215  F/S from 1999.  I can't remember the guy's name to save my life.  It's Mike something or other from Carmel.  He teched or pinned everyone he wrestled that year.  Killer fball player too.  Was plagued w/ injuries his jr and sr year though.

Mike Lehman from Carmel is listed.  It was at Cadet 209 in 1999.  Everything you said about him is correct.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.