The lack of being able to fill our Indiana National Teams??

DemOGuy

Everyone keeps talking about the cost of the trips being the reason it is hard to fill the Nationals teams.  I think there is another big reason that no one has mentioned and that is the 16 teams from Indiana that is going to the Disney Duals at the same time Team Indiana is trying to get a team to go to the Junior Duals.  You take 224 wrestlers, that includes some alternates, out of the available pool and you are going to have a problem getting wrestlers.  When your high school coach asks you to wrestle on his Disney Duals team are you going to tell him "no", I'm going to wrestle for Team Indiana in the Junior Duals?  I don't think so.  So until that problem gets worked out we will continue to have problems with the Junior Duals team.  I want to thank all the volunteer coaches who take the time to go with the wrestlers to the Nationals.  Paying for their trip is the least the ISWA can do.

The big one here is also Disney has more to offer to a family then going out west. If I gave my family the choice my son would be out voted every time. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big one here is also Disney has more to offer to a family then going out west. If I gave my family the choice my son would be out voted every time. 

Well as far as Disney vs Individual Nationals go I would say it could be the difference between getting around 8 or so guaranteed matches vs possibly going 2 and out.  However, National Duals wise though you are getting about the same amount of guaranteed matches with the only difference being the style of wrestling. 

You're right. You're an a-hole. That was a very self righteous post and one that should probably be censored from the message board. I'm not one of the parents that's expressing concern about the cost of sendig their kid to Fargo but you have no idea what people are going thru and to accuse parents of finanical mismangement of their funds as the reason some are struggling to make ends meet is extremely arrogant on your part.  BOO.

Well, if you really think most people are doing a good job of managing their money responsibly or exercising financial discipline in any way, you're ignorant of the facts. Speaking from experience in helping people with their finances, virtually everyone you see on the street is a couple missed paychecks away from bankruptcy. Even people who make 100,000k a year. People live up to and beyond their means. We have a negative savings rate in the US. People spend every dime they earn PLUS what they can borrow. The vast majority of people couldn't even tell you how much money they have in their bank accounts at any given time. They have very little if any savings and they hemorrhage money all over the place from week to week with no clue as to where it all goes. So you can boo all you want but it won't change the statistical fact that I'm probably correct in my assumption. At least to a certain degree.

$1000 / 12 = ~$83

$83 / 4 = ~$21

$21 / 5 =  $4.20

How many spend $4.20 a day for lunch during the work week?

The money is there for almost EVERYBODY we just have our priorities mixed up and no plan in place. If your kid is a stud intermediate or schoolboy save $1000 now and put it in a CD. Add $500 a year to it for 5 years (@3.25%) and you have... TADAAAA!!!! ~$4000 to help supplement his Team Indiana trips, camps or other interests. If he quits wrestling or something, take the little lady to Sandals for your anniversary.

Maybe I should change my screen name to the a-hole or Mr obvious. That's it... The obvious a-hole.  Wait...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.