Indiana Teams at Disney Duals

twister

Not an expert but I believe the All-American criteria is as follows:  (Someone speak up if I have this wrong.)

AA - Gold no losses

AA - Silver one loss

AA- Bronze two losses

AA- Copper three losses

3 losses was the criteria...just not sure how the acceptable AA "losses" of 3 factor into how many total matches wrestled and if the criteria I listed above would change if one wrestled more than the approx. 11 matches our wrestlers had.  Please speak up if i have this wrong...we had three gold on our team and another boy on our silver team had two matches and got AA Bronze, so I believe this to be correct.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this from the rules book AAU site:

4. All American

a. For an athlete to be considered an AAU Wrestling All American he or she must

finish in the Top Six (6) at either the AAU Folkstyle World Championships or

the AAU Grand Nationals. All American honors are awarded to those who win

Gold or Silver Medals at the AAU Junior Olympic Games and the AAU

Scholastic Duals. All American honors awarded at the Scholastic Duals and the

AAU Junior Olympic Games will include an All American patch.

The Community Final results page is not totally accurate. I didn't check all results, but my son told me that a kid listed as Gold had lost a match and a kid listed as Silver had lost a few. I went back thru each days results, and the kid listed gold did lose one and the other kid listed as Silver went 6-6. I sent an e-mail to the AAU and they adjusted those two. But when I looked at my son's team again, I found three more kids listed as Silver; One kid lost 3 and the other two kids lost 2 each. So the only way to get it all corrected is to go thru each wrestlers daily results and match it to the medal they have them listed at, then send an e-mail to the AAU with the correct results.

Good info.  The three gold AA's on our team were undefeated but the kid with only 2 losses did get bronze.  We didn't have any with 1 loss to my knowledge to know how they fell into the system (gold or silver).  Bottom line, how about 16 Indiana teams at Disney Duals and with our count (not official) Ohio and Illinois were the next states with the most teams present then followed by Florida.  Too bad we don't have a venue like the ESPN Sport's Complex in this area as it appears that IN, OH and IL are populating the brackets more than any other state.  Once again, this is based off of info on this site (as we were there and counted only 11 Indiana teams by visual recognition mostly as the brackets were often taken or incorrect).  Stinks going that far to wrestle another Indiana team or, a team from a neighboring state.  No doubt the "Mouse House" is a nice venue...but I can say I never sat pool-side with the wrestling schedule  we had or had time to go the ocean....  With schedules like my son had we could have wrestled anywhere and not have know where we were.  Just my 2-cents.  Wouldn't a more centralized location (which would reduce costs) allow the boys to attend more events throughout the summer?  Not complaining...just making an statement after attending this event for 3 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.