The Best Wrestler in the History of YOUR school

well scott ellis was an animal as was duncan ,a true neanderthal, as far as the better resume,duncan was undefeated state champ(138) most valuable wrestler of state tourney in 83(third his junior year) however scott won it as a sophomore at 105, third as a junior and wrestled out of state his senior year. scott probably has the better resume as he was tremendous in both freestyle and greco and wrestled internationally as duncan didnt do much off season wrestling while scott was at and winning most every tourney around.

well scott ellis was an animal as was duncan ,a true neanderthal, as far as the better resume,duncan was undefeated state champ(138) most valuable wrestler of state tourney in 83(third his junior year) however scott won it as a sophomore at 105, third as a junior and wrestled out of state his senior year. scott probably has the better resume as he was tremendous in both freestyle and greco and wrestled internationally as duncan didnt do much off season wrestling while scott was at and winning most every tourney around.

I believe Scott was DQ'd his freshman year at semi-state preventing him from wrestling at state.

Porras is listed as the greatest from Hobart and I certainly think that is a fine choice..some may argue Cosgrove, or Galka..again you can't go wrong with any of them...for my money..no one dominated like Alex Ramos 2x and a 5th. The last time he lost was in the quarterfinals at state his soph. year..was unbeaten coming into that..and totally dominated his junior and senior years. As a frosh. he took 5 of 7 losses to state champ Leroy Vega who was a senior. He got caught in a headlock in the ticket round his freshman year and lost by a point..would have certainly been a 4 time place winner..to top it off wrestled one armed to All-American status at nationals. 148-8 overall...122-1 soph. jr. sr...I don't know for my money thats the gold standard at Hobart...xbrick 132 was a great champ as well...and a great coach ....magnet.

Munster - Eric McGill - Frosh - 2nd

Soph - Injury, had already beaten 2 of the top 3 in the rankings prior to shoulder injury.

Junior - Champ

Senior - Champ

I would have to vote Nathan Moore over Chico Adams at Perry Meridian, both were 2x State Champs, but Nate Moore 189lbs also beat Jake O'Brien 215lbs Franklin Centrals all time best twice his senior year I think, which made him the best at 189lbs & 215lbs in that year because Jake went on to win State that year. Chico is a vey close 2nd in my book though......... From Roncalli I will throw Randy Johnsons name out there although they still may have been Chartran?

New Castle

Bubba Dickerson Hw State Champ pinned every person on his way to the finals and stuck his opp on 1:22 in the finals and his potential wasn't reached RIP BUBBA

MATT JAGGERS-4X QUALIFIER 3x placer and runner up to Angel and a 211-13 career record to boot.

MAC Taylor had the national record for wins for a bit with 221 a 4x qualifier and placer he got 3rd which he was favored to win it.

Just a few im sure Mullins and Campbell will be 2 of the greatest also... I bet Peck will be angry if I didn't mention Tony Piper 3rd place the first guy I heard about who would tell ya which leg he was gonna get and the TD he was coming with...

Thanks jlittlejohn.  I couldnt think of his name.

sb25, Obrien finished 3rd I think.

I would still vote Brimmage.  He wrestled against a great 171 lb class his junior and senior year.  Gill Journey (2nd, 2nd, 3rd), Will Hill (state champ 95), Dan Pleak (state champ 94), James Brimm (4th, 3rd, 189 state champ 95), Robert Miller (state champ 93).  I know Brimmage beat Hill, Brimm and Miller during those years.  Im pretty sure he beat Pleak and maybe Journey. 

Don't forget that Trevor Andrews (NorthWood) was among them as well.  (6th-93)(2nd-94)

• 4 weeks later...

With all due respect to Taylor March who was a Four Time place winner, three time finalist as well as a champ, Andy Uhl was three time place winner and a National Champion at Findlay University, I feel he is East Noble's all-time best. I have to agree with Oliver Richmond his take down for the championship his senior year at New Castle was an all-time classic when you had to shoot the inner circle for a takedown.

Carroll

Norton and Voight Champs

Salmons and Hedges runner-up

Jon Fitch - enough said

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.