George McCool - 2X state champ

Tony Schabel - state champ with a 73 - 6 career record

Terrance Randolph - state champ with a 95 - 8 career record

Cameron Smith - 2x state champ with a 93 - 13 career record

Chamelon Porter - 138 - 28 career record

Princeton

Jason Greer 1st, 3rd, 1st

Josh Hardy 1st, 1st

Hopefully we can add Drake Stein to this list. I am sure he will have more wins than anyone. (I think he is close to Leeks record right now)

I would say Greer right now but if Drake can defend his title he will be the best in PCHS history.

A school I haven't seen mentioned is Jimtown.  Here is what I found on www.jimtownwrestling.org:

John Campbell - School's only state champ (1968)

The top two guys have to be Ryan Konrath and Shane Perkey.

Konrath - (SQ, 3rd, 6th)

Perkey - (SQ, 5th, 3rd)

Terry Perkey is also a two time placer.

There is a state qualifier not listed on the web site: 1977, Leroy Heller, 177 pounder.

Campbell was an animal, but Shane is the best from Jimtown... so far.

Fishers has only been around for 4 years, but according to your criteria, for now we have...

#1 Mitch Sliga - 3rd at state in 2010

#2 Brad Farrell - 5th at state in 2009 (1st in career wins)

#3 Patrick Lux - SQ in 2009 (2nd in career wins)

#4 2010 103 pounder

Jimtown 138,

1977  177  Q  12  Leroy  Heller  Jimtown  20  3  1  1  Fall      5:54

Lost to State champion Bob Krause of Bloomington North by fall  with 6  seconds left in the match.

TAE

Thank you sir! You must have one heck of an archive!

Michigan city

Probably Brent Surface i want to say 3x sq, 1x runner up, 1x champ.....not sure of his career record.

not to sure about the history of wrestlers before rodgers and elston combined in 1995.

i wanna say rodgers had a few state champs....i think even a 2x champ.

Eric Kerkoff was a stud for Delta, I am not sure of all his High School accomplishments.

Delta

Eric Kerkoff was a 2x champ 94 & 96, placed 5th in 95, SQ in 93. He also has the most career wins for Delta at 183 with 96 of them being falls.  He also holds the most take downs for a career record 449.

Another Delta wrestler worth mentioning is Shannon Stout.  He was a 4 time state place winner.  6th in 91, 5th in 92,  2nd in 93, and 3rd in 94.  He had the second most wins in a career with 158 and the most falls in a career with 105.  He was a takedown machine too.  He had the most takedowns in a season with 199 and 441 for his career.

Muncie South....

(off the top of my head...)

Tony Abbott - runner up and State Champ

Jeff Pease - 2x state place winner, great national success

Ralph Smith - 3 top 3 finishes  (lost to Randy May in finals or semifinals each year)

Muncie Southside

Marc Foreman was also a champ for Muncie South in 1990.

Franklin County

Also I haven't seen Franklin County mentioned.  They had a state champ back in 1991 Todd Sacksteder and he was pretty good from what I remember.  He was undefeated his senior year 48-0.

Noblesville - Jon Smith - 2x qualifer

Indpls Northwest - Ben Reichel - 2x Champ

Avon - Greg Freije - 2x Champ

Avon - Keith Huddleston - 2X Champ, 3X place winner...I'm guessing he has more career wins than Greg too

Fairfield High School: Rhys Canaday  - 2x state qualifier, placed 3rd in 08 @ 140

Northridge High School: Ross Powell - 2x state qualifier, placed 4th in 09 @ 160, single season takedown record.

Joe Gibson - 2x state qualifier, placed 6th in 07 @ 189, and 6th in 08 @ 189.

Terry Perkey is also a two time placer.

There is a state qualifier not listed on the web site: 1977, Leroy Heller, 177 pounder.

Campbell was an animal, but Shane is the best from Jimtown... so far.

Not so sure about that.

Didn't Campbell get to State without being scored upon in '68?  Pretty impressive.  Then there is Konrath.  Easily could have been the best at Jimtown if he would have had his head on straight his Senior year.  Beat Stahl 4 times that year only to tank in the State meet.  Stahl has to be greatful, AND laughing as he looks at his State Championship medal.

Not so sure about that.

Didn't Campbell get to State without being scored upon in '68?   Pretty impressive.   Then there is Konrath.  Easily could have been the best at Jimtown if he would have had his head on straight his Senior year.  Beat Stahl 4 times that year only to tank in the State meet.  Stahl has to be greatful, AND laughing as he looks at his State Championship medal.

Shane Perkey holds records at UIndy for most wins as a freshman (40) and most All-American performances with four. Perkey finished fourth at Nationals as a freshman, sophomore and junior, and finished second his senior year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.