149 Max Ortega

157 Kinser/Fretwell

165 Ryan LeBlanc

174 Paul Young

184 Kriss?

197 Kriss/Powless?

285 ??Gill?? Powless?

Just throwing stuff at the wall. Thoughts...? -

It will be interesting to see if they do indeed red-shirt some of the incoming class.  Wright and Nieman would make interesting additions to the line-up.  I'm still confused why IU burned young Ortega's RS for ONE dual....??

It will be interesting to see if they do indeed red-shirt some of the incoming class.  Wright and Nieman would make interesting additions to the line-up.  I'm still confused why IU burned young Ortega's RS for ONE dual....??

Because they're IU? LOL jk

Is this part of the problem in Indiana? A lack of support for NCAA wrestling programs and a lack of interest in our own in-state programs? Forget a local board... if you posted this about Iowa on a national message board like TheOpenMat.com it would have 500 replies in one day from crazy hawkeye fans. Nobody is talking about the Hoosiers here because nobody cares. That's sad. There are wrestling people all over this country who would kill to have a D1 program nearby. Or to have the program they love back after it was cut.

I just read today that IU signed another excellent wrestler...this is what was written over at the mat by a poster named roadkill.... Taylor Walsh, 2 time NJ state champ, 1 time runner-up signs with Indiana. Indiana with a big Jersey class this year, Joe Duca, Preston Kieffer and Taylor Walsh

Is this part of the problem in Indiana? A lack of support for NCAA wrestling programs and a lack of interest in our own in-state programs? Forget a local board... if you posted this about Iowa on a national message board like TheOpenMat.com it would have 500 replies in one day from crazy hawkeye fans. Nobody is talking about the Hoosiers here because nobody cares. That's sad. There are wrestling people all over this country who would kill to have a D1 program nearby. Or to have the program they love back after it was cut.

Honestly, there just aren't that many people on the boards at this time of year to discuss any topic at all--let alone the College/International area, which I think many people don't realize has good topics going.  Post this same topic (if it were relevant at that time of year) on the High School board "by mistake" from November 1 to March 1 and you would have plenty of discussion.  But maybe this is part of your point...it shouldn't matter the time or location if people care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

125 Justin Brooks?

133 Geno Capezio?

141 Matt Ortega/Danny Monaco?

149 Max Ortega

157 Kinser/Fretwell

165 Ryan LeBlanc

174 Paul Young

184 Kriss?

197 Kriss/Powless?

285 ??Gill?? Powless?

Just throwing stuff at the wall. Thoughts...? -

125-Zimmer

133-Ortega

141-Niemann

149-Warren

157-Kinser

165 -Young

174-LeBlanc

184 -Cameron

197 -Powless

HWT-Shrek (alcala)

Ortega , the 141 might not be on the team as he got his girlfriend pregnant-Fagiano may have quit .Who knows where Wright is ? Kevin Kriss ,Tanner Kriss' dad ,says Tanner beat Powless

125-Zimmer

133-Ortega

141-Niemann

149-Warren

157-Kinser

165 -Young

174-LeBlanc

184 -Cameron

197 -Powless

HWT-Shrek (alcala)

Ortega , the 141 might not be on the team as he got his girlfriend pregnant-Fagiano may have quit .Who knows where Wright is ? Kevin Kriss ,Tanner Kriss' dad ,says Tanner beat Powless

Brandon Wright goes to a JUCO in iowa i dont know why he is not at IU this year but i know for sure he goes to iowa central

Brandon Wright goes to a JUCO in iowa i dont know why he is not at IU this year but i know for sure he goes to iowa central

I'd heard Wright was having grade problems at Cathedral(thus his return to WC) according to a couple of coaches who recruited Brandon his father may have been a problem -not my words as I only know his dad was a hellacious wrestler. Duca and Zimmer are just going to have to step up .