2010 Coaching Changes

Y2CJ41

As with last year I would like to keep track of head coaching changes throughout the state.  If you have word of an opening please help fill out this list.  Please make sure this is a confirmed opening and not just a rumor.  I will also be filling in the new coach of each school.

School--- Former Coach--- New Coach

Bishop Luers- Dan Carlson- Josh Booker

Bluffton- Brandon Razo-  Kyler Kearby

Bremen- Chris Prendergast- Shawn Campbell

Columbia City- Jeff Slain-  Blane Culp

Concord- Seth Molnar -

Crawfordsville- Chris Ervin- Roger Tribbett

Decatur Central- Scott Campbell- Rusty Jordan

Fort Wayne North Side- Ryan Mohrman-

Fort Wayne Wayne- Derek Stanley- Riley Johnson

Fountain Central- Chris Shoaf- Jason Martin

Greensburg- Adam Metzger- Matt Cochran

Greenwood-Matt Smitson- Brian Smiley

Lawrence Central- Chad Red- Tom Corbett

Madison- Dustin Bentz- Tyson Skinner

New Palestine- Jamie Wingler- Steve Harding

North Montgomery- JD Minch- Maurice Swain

Northeastern-Ryan Moran-Bronson Curtis

Princeton Community- Jim Maglis- Clay Leek

Richmond- Dave Delong- Jeremy Bane

Rochester- Mike Zehner- Clint Gard

Scottsburg- Tyson Skinner- Pat Mendez

South Bend Washington- Murray Miller- Ton McWilliams

Twin Lakes- Scott Hardy- Ken Houston

Wapahani- Ralph Smith- Bryant Whitaker

Whitko- Matt Koontz- Frank Bumgardner

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that is a big blow to Montgomery County....2 of the 3 head coaches stepping down.  Neither will easily be replaced.

I read the article about JD Minch retiring but does anyone have any insight into why Chris Ervin "retired" as well?  Thanks in advance!

Drooke,

Yes, I hung it up at the end of the season after 19 years as head coach at C-Ville.  Basically, I'm just tired. I still love the sport, but I don't have the time and desire to do all of the out of season things anymore that are needed to develop a program.  Both of my kids are at an age (9 and 14) where they are involved in lots of activities and I don't want to miss them. I will still be coaching the elementary wrestlers in our club (and also coaching youth baseball and football), so I will be involved in the program. I plan to get my officials license and stay involved as much as possible. It is not official yet, but it looks like my long time assistant, Roger Tribbett, will be the head coach next year. He is committed to the program and to the kids and he will do a great job! Thanks for asking.

Chris Ervin

FORMER head coach - Crawfordsville High School

Chris, Mike and J.D.:  Our sport is losing classy coaches like you.  I will miss seeing the three of you around.

P.S.  Can you talk Peckinpaugh into going too.                                  Jon

Any of these school have a PE or Health teaching opening? I would be interested in applying for a teaching and coaching position if any school has that opening..

Coach Swain

Twin Lakes does have an opening  . the way I understand is Half the day as health and other half as PE teacher.

School--- Former Coach--- New Coach

Bishop Luers- Dan Carlson-

Concord- Seth Molnar -

Crawfordsville- Chris Ervin-

Greenwood-Mike Smitson- Brian Smiley

Lawrence Central- Chad Red-

Madison- Dustin Bentz-

North Montgomery- JD Minch-

Princeton Community- Jim Maglis-

Twin Lakes- Scott Hardy-

Wapahani- Ralph Smith-

I heard somewhere that Wingler from New Pal is leaving?!?!?  If so, that is too bad.  He did an excellent job of taking that program from the trenches to being a contender.  If this is true - best wishes, Coach Wingler, in all your future endeavors!

You are right, he resigned when he learned his job was cut at the high school.  Here is the article

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/articles/2010/04/14/sports/01.txt

You are right, he resigned when he learned his job was cut at the high school.  Here is the article

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/articles/2010/04/14/sports/01.txt

Probably the biggest coaching name as far as developing a program available right now.  If a school around the Indy area has a teaching opening for him they are getting great coach and teacher here.  I'd sure love for him to move back to his home town and help out.  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.