Fleeger vs Dubuque

Chris Fleeger frequents the board, so I would suggest sending him a PM or even changing the title of the thread to entice him to view it easier.

From my research, I do not think they wrestled.  Fleeger wrestled 125lbs in 2002 and 2003, with Dubuque being a true freshman(redshirting) in 2002 and redshirt freshman in 2003.  During their dual Dubuque did not wrestle due to an injury.  After the 2003 season Fleeger was at 133lbs.  It would not surprise me if they met when they were both in high school though.

Here is a quote from Joey D back in 2006....

"I don't like Purdue," Dubuque said, "and I guarantee they don't like us. It's a rivalry, everybody gets pumped up a little bit more for that dual meet. I think we're going to go out and I think we're really going to set a statement up at Purdue. I think we're really going to give it to them."

The above quote was from this article...   http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=45153

Sorry Gents, but I have to go with Fleeger.  He is an animal on the mat, and is doing an incredible job with the local wrestlers.  No offense to Dubuque, but Chris has it going for him and runs a practice at Boiler Elite bar none.  Wish I watched him during his Purdue days...the way he practices and wrestles now makes me believe he never took any prisoners (because he still doesn't).

Those videos were incredible.  Thank you for posting them.  My position hasn't changed though.  My money is on Fleeger, however if both young men are contributing to two  great programs...I really don't want to see them wrestle as their teams need them to be healthy and on the mat with the athletes doing what they do best...right? 

Us arm-chair coaches can dream of an "ultimate" match-up, but look what they are doing for their respective programs...and the love/hate relationship between the two just make us all watch more Big Ten wrestling...did someone from Comcast Cable post this to get more people to sign up for the Big Ten Network?  (That was a joke, please don't reply with cable channels, Direct TV channels or Dish Network channels...trust me, when wrestling comes on in my house in the "wee" hours of the morning, someone is watching it.)

Once again, thanks for the video...Fleeger's speed on the attack was amazing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.