Quiroga

How excited does this kid gotta be right now.  I don't even know Cashe personally and I'm excited for him.  How about Jason Tsirtsis.  I know he is humble and had a close finals match at state this year, but I know I would be saying, "I beat that kid just a year ago  and look how far he has gotten already".  I'm just saying that would be an "added" confidence booster for me.  Good job Cashe

Congrats to Cashe.  That just shows how far Indiana wrestling has come.  This kid was obviously a fantastic  high school wrestler but only won 1 state championship, yet becomes an AA as a true freshman.

It also shows how truly amazing Angel is.  I watched Angel destroy Cashe at the IU-PU dual at LN.  It looks like Angel has been doing that to several people at the NCAA's.

How excited does this kid gotta be right now.  I don't even know Cashe personally and I'm excited for him.   How about Jason Tsirtsis.  I know he is humble and had a close finals match at state this year, but I know I would be saying, "I beat that kid just a year ago  and look how far he has gotten already".   I'm just saying that would be an "added" confidence booster for me.   Good job Cashe

I made a post regarding this earlier.  Can you imagine the match between Jason Tsirtsis and Quiroga today?  Taking absoluteley nothing away from Tsirtsis, Quiroga would absoluteley dominate him, IMO, based on the level of competition Quiroga has been facing for the last 9 mos.  I don't know Quiroga at all but I really admired how he wrestled during his Senior year in h.s. bumping up and facing the best competition possible.  He seems to be a great example of how potent the combination of talent and desire can be. 

Once again, I cannot help but point out how well the light weights did this year.  It goes to show the quality of coaching Purdue has in the room.  Congrats to Cashe for his great effort, Congrats to Coach Hinkel and Fleeger for getting him ready.  Congrats to Coach Williams of LN, but no love for Coach Weimer.