hijacked threads by AJ.....

AJ

The more newspapers and websites that have kids names earlier in their career, the more contact is possible.

we have a big problem in Indiana with simply turning in results to the local paper or posting them on the states wrestling website.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is all on a thread called "hijacked threads by AJ....." :o

Where's a hijack Nazi when you need one?

LOL.....I agree......I posted something like that on a different thread.....it didn't help.

The one thing I do not understand is how is a small school athlete at so much of a disadvantage than say someon at Mishawaka? You say they do not get the recognition until they are seniors. How about kids from Mater Dei who cannot crakc the line up until their senior year and make state. If you are at a powerhouse school you still might be better than the small school kid but you can't crack the line up. How are we going to be fare to them? Get them the recognition before their junior or senior year.

The one thing I do not understand is how is a small school athlete at so much of a disadvantage than say someon at Mishawaka? You say they do not get the recognition until they are seniors. How about kids from Mater Dei who cannot crakc the line up until their senior year and make state. If you are at a powerhouse school you still might be better than the small school kid but you can't crack the line up. How are we going to be fare to them? Get them the recognition before their junior or senior year.

Munges, you know you're throwing a big monkey wrench into this world stopping debate... ;D

What does the current system do for them that a class system wouldn't?

What does the current system do for them that a class system wouldn't?

Nothing but if we are concerned about small school kids getting exposure before their junior or senior year how is that "fair" to the other kids. If it is about giving equal chances to all kids, then there are kids at big scools then that are not getting their chances. It the attitude of fairness do something for them now.

Nothing but if we are concerned about small school kids getting exposure before their junior or senior year how is that "fair" to the other kids. If it is about giving equal chances to all kids, then there are kids at big scools then that are not getting their chances. It the attitude of fairness do something for them now.

Well then I will make you the head of "Getting JV Kids at Big Schools Exposure" team.

You are talking about "helping" 25 kids a year at most, while I am talking about helping 2000... yeah lets work on those 25 first.....

You claim we will have more recognition if we class the sport.  You also claim that teams will fill more rosters and everything else because of teams and individual success.  I say you are wrong and changes to Indiana wrestling have proven that.  

Every change we have made to the state tournment the past 10 years have been to give wrestlers the opportunity to compete furthur into the tournement.  Has this risen the number of wrestlers?  Has attendance risen?  Has this risen the number of Indiana college wrestlers?  SO we added 32 extra wrestlers per weight class out of sectionals and 16 morewrestlers per weight class out of regionals and recognition has not went up and your still complaining that we haven't added enough wrestlers.  When will it stop Y2.  I personally liked it better when making it to regionals was an achievement, but I can handle taking away regionals and semi state.

You claim we will have more recognition if we class the sport.  You also claim that teams will fill more rosters and everything else because of teams and individual success.  I say you are wrong and changes to Indiana wrestling have proven that.  

Every change we have made to the state tournment the past 10 years have been to give wrestlers the opportunity to compete furthur into the tournement.  Has this risen the number of wrestlers?  Has attendance risen?  Has this risen the number of Indiana college wrestlers?  SO we added 32 extra wrestlers per weight class out of sectionals and 16 morewrestlers per weight class out of regionals and recognition has not went up and your still complaining that we haven't added enough wrestlers.  When will it stop Y2.  I personally liked it better when making it to regionals was an achievement, but I can handle taking away regionals and semi state.

When do pre season rankings come out?

It won't matter the people that have the power to change the system are the IHSAA, coaches and principals.  Not fans, parents or wrestlers.

I understand that it's not in our hands.

It's just the amount of negative discussion on the board, about something that's not going to change seems useless.

I guess some people just like pissing matches...

Now, in this pissing match....are talking accuracy, quantity, distance?  A combination?  How about something like the biathalon.....drink for a while, then piss, more drinking, more pissing.....

My issue with the class argument is that of more exposure.  If more exposure then more kids will get the opportunity to wrestle in the lower divisions at college.  I looked at the rosters of some of the DII and DIII schools in Indiana to compare the number of Indiana wrestlers on their rostrer and the number of Indiana basketball players on their roster.  Before gathering this data my hypothesis was that there would be a greater number/percentage of basketball players on the teams because class sports brings more exposure.

Wabash

85 % of bball roster from IN

70% of wrestling roster from IN

Mancester

83% bball roster from IN

80% wrestling roster from IN

Trine

33% bball roster from IN

61% wrestling roster from IN

University of Indianapolis

67% bball roster from IN

79% wrestling roster from IN

Purdue (I was just curious)

76% bball roster from IN

52 % wrestlers on roster from IN

I know walk ons will skew this data, and I am not sure how much, however I did think I would see a higher disparity in the percentage of IN athletes on the rosters.

This doesnt prove anything because like I said, the data will be skewed because I do not have all the information, however I will repeat that I thought the percentages would still have a greater disparity.

Now, in this pissing match....are talking accuracy, quantity, distance?  A combination?  How about something like the biathalon.....drink for a while, then piss, more drinking, more pissing.....

All of the above!

There you go hijackin' again AJ...

Now, in this pissing match....are talking accuracy, quantity, distance?  A combination?  How about something like the biathalon.....drink for a while, then piss, more drinking, more pissing.....

How about we petition the Olympic committee to have it included int the next Summer Olympics?