Team State next year

Im interested into seeing who people will think that will make it to Team State next year. Who's returning? Who are you considering the favorite? Who could upset some teams? Teams on the rise. Im interested to hear it all. I know its a little bit early but alot of people know their stuff. Not trying to be a homer but I got MD winning it all next year only losing one wrestler at HWT ;D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yorktown, runnersup this year and 3 quality wrestlers coming next year, 1 fresh and 2 transfers (rumored as of now) should put them over the top. They were my preseason picks this year, so I'll stick with them next year.

They are losing 8 starters though, including a state champ, a 3rd place finisher, and 2 more qualifiers.  Unfortunately, being a smaller team, it is hard to reload year after year.  I think Perry, CP, and Mishawaka would be considered favorites over them next year, and Castle/Mater Dei will be very tough again as well.  Bellmont, as always, will be tough and Yorktown will have to go through them again to get to state.

MD returns all wrestlers next year exept for HWT. Sims 3x state placer and Boots placed 4th this year will lead the team

Other Varsity returners Grade, and weight from last  year

Henderson- 2x SSQ 125 (11)

Lannert- SSQ  119 (10)

Schroeder- 2x SSQ  130 (11)

Weinzapfel-  135 (11)

Brandenstein- SSQ  160 (10)

Raben- SSQ  140 (11)

Vanwinkle- SSQ 215 (11)

Vibbert- SSQ 103 (11)

Wright 189 (9)

Goebel 112 (9)

And mangold will get a spot next year. Wrestled schroeder off 3 times and 2 went into OT and the other was a 1 pt match. Its lookin good for MD next year

Crown Point returns 10 starters. 11 If you count Halsted back who was a state qualifer in 09 at 103. And lets not forget to returning state champs!!!

Old Vlink will be loaded for bear......HAHAHA

According to the region rat it is ole vlink.

I am thinking you might see some new teams there. 

There are teams that are reloading for next year, but I can see a team in the Southwest that can make a huge run at it, and I know of a handful of teams in the Central part of the state that may break into the big time too.

I think next year could be a year where we see 5 or 6 new teams represented...

Just a guess though at this point.

I am thinking you might see some new teams there. 

There are teams that are reloading for next year, but I can see a team in the Southwest that can make a huge run at it, and I know of a handful of teams in the Central part of the state that may break into the big time too.

I think next year could be a year where we see 5 or 6 new teams represented...

Just a guess though at this point.

Very true. Whats Castle bringing to the table next year? I know they have all three Welches coming back. Who else?

I think CP will have a great shot, lots of guys returning, including some of their studs...

Mishawaka however might not even be the fave to win their sectionals next year. But i think both Penn and Mishawaka could make some noise at state next year.

I think that cp is defenitely the front runner at this time with 11 starters returning. They did very well this year. And in case you haven't heard they had 8 new starters in their line up. There was a nice article in the times on Sunday sounds like they should be the best team in the region for the next few years.

CP has alot of returning but alot of teams return alot of wresstlers. CP lost big time to MISH.  If they would have been closer in score I would say the would be the favorite but they got smoked.  I firlmly beleive I saw alot of quality wrestling in the state championships and no one is the clear cut favorite.  I am a region fan and I am impressed with the wrestling in northwest Indiana and the rest of the state.    If I was to pick a team I would be  CP but any one can win it all.

CP has alot of returning but alot of teams return alot of wresstlers. CP lost big time to MISH.  If they would have been closer in score I would say the would be the favorite but they got smoked.  I firlmly beleive I saw alot of quality wrestling in the state championships and no one is the clear cut favorite.  I am a region fan and I am impressed with the wrestling in northwest Indiana and the rest of the state.    If I was to pick a team I would be  CP but any one can win it all.

I agree with CP being the favorite and that in the region any team can win it.  Look at this year:  Everyone was saying Merrillville hands down (some were even saying Merrillville could compete with Mishawaka) but CP won it.  A lot can happen between now and next season.  I am curious about what Portage and Merrillville have coming back and up through the ranks.  Anyone affiliated with either of those schools care to give a quick rundown?

I agree with CP being the favorite and that in the region any team can win it.  Look at this year:  Everyone was saying Merrillville hands down (some were even saying Merrillville could compete with Mishawaka) but CP won it.  A lot can happen between now and next season.  I am curious about what Portage and Merrillville have coming back and up through the ranks.  Anyone affiliated with either of those schools care to give a quick rundown?

Yeah it would be nice to hear what they are bringing next year

Bellmont this year only lost to Castle by 1 and Yorktown by 6 at team regional... They have 10 returning semi state qualifiers plus two state placers and another state qualifier. Faurote is as good as anybody in the state at his weight (lost to norton 1-0 and 9-7 in ot in the ticket round) and he didnt even make it to state. Bellmont only loses three guys from the the varsity lineup and one of those three had a really bad record. I'd think that they have a pretty good shot of being the next state champion.

Yorktown, runnersup this year and 3 quality wrestlers coming next year, 1 fresh and 2 transfers (rumored as of now) should put them over the top. They were my preseason picks this year, so I'll stick with them next year.

i am interested in that little nuggest of knowledge.... care to share with the rest of us.....

Roncalli should be tough again next year. They will bring back at least 9 starters and some of JV kids who I am pretty sure never lost a match this year in JV will fill some holes. Some of those kids would of made most line ups if in different programs.  I think they will be as good if not better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.