Indiana -Illinois Final Roster and other Event Information

Coach McCormick

It will take a few days for wrestlers and coaches to review their paper work and check their calendars, but I want to go ahead and begin plugging in the names of wrestlers who have indeed committed to the 2010 IN-IL event so far.  The top 2 seniors in each weight class earned the privilege to wrestle in this annual event.  These wrestlers and/or their coaches received the information packet for this event during the finals on Saturday evening.  Acceptance forms and wrestler profile sheets need to be faxed/e-mailed back to Trent McCormick at Yorktown High School.  If you would like to e-mail me with a verbal commitment, that would be fine, so we can start to get an idea of what our teams will look like.  If a wrestler is going to decline their position for this event, then I need time to contact the next highest placing senior(s) to fill the team.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us

* = indicates wrestler has faxed his information sheet to solidify his position

103 - Dylan Hall (Evansville Harrison)*, Zac Stevens (Merrillville)*

112 - Paul Beck (Mishawaka)*, Logan Randle (Huntington North)*

119 - Brandon Nelsen (Lawrence N.)* , Danny Bradley (Knox)*

125 - Derek Bevans (Yorktown)*, Anthony Napules (Merrillville)

130 - Nick Schrader (Mishawaka)*, Shawn Miracle (Bloomington North)*

135 - Brock Norton (FW Carroll)*, Trey Grayson (Lafayette Jeff)*

140 - Francisco Porras (Hobart)*, Justin Beck (Leo)*

145 - Patrick Robinson (Hamilton SE)*, Dalton Sparks (Peru)*

152 - Sammie Bennett (Anderson Highland)* , Zach Corpe (Elkhart Mem.)*

160 - Zac McCray (Garrett)*, Cameron Vlahos (Harrison-WL)*

171 - Michael Duckworth (Union County)*, Jacob Howenstein (Zionsville)*

189 - Michael Johnson-Jones (Warren Central)*, Braden Atwood (Delphi)*

215 -  Dylan Froehlich (Tell City)*, Evan Wooding (Mooresville)*

285 - Ross Janney (Yorktown)*, James Travis (Merrillville)*

I dont see how we can lose if we get all these guys on the team

Illinois' big school state champs are always national caliber at each weight.  Especially when the event is in Illinois, they are loaded.  Not saying we won't or can't win.  Just saying they're a great wrestling state.

Illinois' big school state champs are always national caliber at each weight.  Especially when the event is in Illinois, they are loaded.  Not saying we won't or can't win.  Just saying they're a great wrestling state.

I'm wondering if Illinois trying to get its top guys will be hindered by the Dream Team Dual meet being against IL this year.

I'm wondering if Illinois trying to get its top guys will be hindered by the Dream Team Dual meet being against IL this year.

I wondered the same thing.. The Dream Team Dual is mre important to them than the Indiana v. Illinois Dual.......  Will be interesting to see what I llinois does.

We still need to complete our final rosters for this event.  Please find below a list of seniors who I have not heard back from yet.  Tomorrow (Tuesday, March 2), I will begin moving on to other seniors to fill these weight classes for this event.

130 - Next wrestler in line for this position is Tucker Smith (Homestead)

145 - Next wrestler in line for this position is Josh Sampson (New Washington)

215 - Next wrestler in line for these positions are Dylan Green (Kokomo) and Dylan Froehlich (Tell City)

HOTEL INFORMATION

The Illinois coordinator for this event has blocked a group of rooms for this event.  This offer is only good until March 8.

Holiday Inn Willowbrook --- Willowbrook, IL -- (630) 325-6400 -- block under "IL-IN Wrestling Duels"

Those wrestlers who have verbally committed to this trip still need to fax in your wrestling information page.  I will need to forward this information on to the IL coordinator, so he can make up the program for this event.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us or by cell at 765-282-9136.

** Not sure why hotel phone # and my cell phone # aren't displaying on this post???

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

17th Annual IN-IL All-Star Duel

Place:  Hinsdale South HS (Darien, IL --- southwest suberb of Chicago)

Date:  Saturday, March 13 --- 3:00pm -wrestlers report for a light practice and weigh-ins (7 lb. allowance)

Sunday, March 14 ---  10:00am - brunch for athletes

12:00pm - pictures and warm-up

1:00pm  -  wrestle (2 mats side-by-side)

Wrestlers will wear their high school singlet for their match.

Wrestlers should try to bring a "give-a-way" t-shirt from their hs's wrestling team.

Wrestlers will receive an event t-shirt upon arrival.

Wrestlers, coaches and parents making the trip to the IN-IL All Star Classic should be reminded that Illinois is on Central Std. time, so they are 1 hour behind us.

Our teams are set.  Please refer to your information letter as to when you are supposed to report on Saturday, March 13.  If you need further information, or you have misplaced your paperwork, please e-mail me, and I will get you some more paperwork.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us

What do they mean by Lincoln and Reagan teams?  Do they no longer wrestle simply the highest placing big school kids on one team and the highest placing small school kids on the other team?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.