Sign in to follow this  
Drooke

Friday Night State Qualifiers

Who were you MOST impressed with from Friday Night that didn't happen to make it to Saturday's competition?

One of the matches that really sticks in my mind is the Binion/Molloy match @ 119.  I really believe we will see  Molloy on Saturday the next three seasons.  He really looked good and just came up a bit short.  That being said Binion performed very well as well.

Looking at underclassmen talent, some that placed some that didnt (yes there is some So. Indiana bias)...

Vanhook 103 Reitz

Welch 112 Castle- Freshman

Molloy 119 Danville Freshman

Hoehn 125 Mt Vernon

130- all the underclassmen made it thru

Heistand will be back at 135...tough draw/match

Scurria 140 Carmel

145/152 I know they placed but Im very impressed with the Welch-es

Quiroz 160 it will be interesting to see how he responds next year

Boots 171 (even though he placed)

Hurford 189 Culver Freshman

Raegan 215 Penn & Knura of Franklin

Suter 285 Martinsville looked good at SS especially

I would like to throw another 119 freshmen into th discussion: Bradley (Muncie Southside)

He did get pinned by Nelson, but I was impressed with the way he went after him and the flow of the match before he lost the match. 

I could be a little biased but he did have a very good season.    :D

I do know that the way it ended put a very bad taste in his mouth.

Duncan who didn't place in the top 4 at semi-state did a great job against lovejoy coming in as an alternative.

I agree.  Duncan wrestled great against a a very very good wrestler in Lovejoy. 

For someone who got beat by 8 pts. (I think), Hoehn of Mt. Vernon gave Napules a pretty darn good match.  Also gotta go with Molloy at 119.

blaine hall of avon placed but i was impressed with him greatly goin up from 112 i believe to 140

also suter of martinsville loosing only 3-0 as a soph to the eventual state champ

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.