Mishawaka v. Yorktown - Team State Championship

AJ

Listen, I did not care who won.  I just stated the facts.  Todays events could have, and probably would have  been a lot different had Yorktown handled things differently with one of the athletes in trouble.  Congrats to all teams who made it and best wishes to all.

dont say you dont care then say something stupid like that. one wrestler cant make a 20 point swing im sorry. Congrats to the cavemen the true champions of Indiana as they have shown all year long

dont say you dont care then say something stupid like that. one wrestler cant make a 20 point swing im sorry. Congrats to the cavemen the true champions of Indiana as they have shown all year long

I think you are a little confused. He is saying Yorktown should have disciplined their wrestler and then would probably not have gone as far as they did.Everyone realizes this MHS team was a monster of a team and probably the best in the last 6-7 years at least.

I hope this is incorrect. I hope the adults would do the right thing. Call me naive but if this is true it is not in the best interest of the young man. I hope this is not true. I am not calling anyone anything I just hope this is a mis understanding on some kind.

Congrats to  Yorktown on an outstanding season. Congrats to Mishawaka on winning the state title.

For the record I would like to say we would only want to wrestle Yorktown at their full strength. We put our 14 best out there and they put their 14 best out there and it was a heck of a dual meet!

If you are going to make statements on here that question a teams integrity then have the guts to post under your name, not a screen name. If what you are saying is true then say it and don't hide behind a screen name. I feel very strongly about this, I hate that you can say something that may not be true and hide behind a screen name. I worked a clinic this past summer for Yorktown and New Castle and I think they are pretty upstanding guys. I find it hard to believe they would looked the other way if a kid had violated a rule just to win. Give us some concrete evidence and sign your real name.

Bob Harmon

Castle

Folks,

As a Castle fan to the core I can tell you I am NOTHING but proud of those boys from Southern Indiana and the way they wrestled against an extremely talented Yorktown team. 

Mishawaka...Wow! What can be said about the performances they had today!  You gentlemen obviously earned your trophy today and it is well deserved.

For those who saw the Yorktown/Castle Dual...You watched the EXACT reason we are involved in this sport.  Plain and simple it was two teams leaving it all out there and never giving up.  I can't recall ever seeing a dual meet that was that charged!  I couldn't be prouder of the Castle team, and more thankful to the Yorktown squad for bringing their A Game!

For those who missed it...FIND IT ON Video...That is a Dual that is well worth the time to watch.

One more note...WRESTLE THIS TING BACK TO 3rd!  I would have loved to seen a Castle/Perry Dual!  I think it would have been another barn burner!

Great Year Everyone!    And Thank You!!!!

I share Coach Harmon and "BlueBolt's" sentiment that yesterday's dual between Yorktown and Castle was incredible.  For the past two seasons I, and my team, have been a part of the Mooresville Holiday Classic along with Castle.  We very much appreciate and respect Castle's style of wrestling and their sportsmanship.  They are well conditioned and technically sound all the way around.  I believe that is why our dual yesterday was so exciting.  Each of the 28 wrestlers that stepped on the mat during that dual brought their "A" game, and it was fun to watch!  The Castle wrestlers are spirited and well coached.  I want to congratulate Coach Harmon and his team on a great season.

Coach McCormick

One more note...WRESTLE THIS TING BACK TO 3rd!   I would have loved to seen a Castle/Perry Dual!   I think it would have been another barn burner!

Big woohoo for you.  I would have loved to have seen that dual as well.....

Personally, I feel they should wrestle out for 1st - 8th place at Team State.  The mats are already down.  The officials are there.  It would keep more fans there throughout the entire event, and lastly, I think the teams who make it there deserve to wrestle more than just one match.  Although I was proud we (Yorktown) made it to Team State in 2000 and 2001, we bowed out in the first round and had nothing to show for it.  We had worked so hard to get there, and the wrestlers left Center Grove without so much as even a ribbon to recognize their efforts.  Especially since the event is not seeded, it would be neat to allow the final 8 teams to compete for 1st - 8th place.  I think the fans would enjoy it as well.

Coach McCormick

Perry Meridian defeated Castle 37-18 at the Bellmont Duals. It would have been interesting, though, without Jacob Tonte in the lineup. And to BlueBolt... I can remember seeing a match as charged as the Castle/Yorktown match...the Castle/Perry Meridian match at team state last year.

Personally, I feel they should wrestle out for 1st - 8th place at Team State.   The mats are already down.  The officials are there.  It would keep more fans there throughout the entire event, and lastly, I think the teams who make it there deserve to wrestle more than just one match.  Although I was proud we (Yorktown) made it to Team State in 2000 and 2001, we bowed out in the first round and had nothing to show for it.  We had worked so hard to get there, and the wrestlers left Center Grove without so much as even a ribbon to recognize their efforts.  Especially since the event is not seeded, it would be neat to allow the final 8 teams to compete for 1st - 8th place.  I think the fans would enjoy it as well.

Coach McCormick

that would make for a very interesting, and fun filled, day of wrestling.

TEAM Tournament to 2 CLASS SYSTEM 

CLASS A 8 TEAMS AT 20 SITES

CLASS AA 16 TEAMS AT 10 SITES

Team Regional following Wednesday.

Class A 4 teams winner to Team State

Class AA 2 teams winner to Team State

Team State 1 week after Individual State Finals

5 team round robin Class A

5 team round robin Class AA 

That would make for a very interesting, and fun filled, day of wrestling.

Perry Meridian defeated Castle 37-18 at the Bellmont Duals. It would have been interesting, though, without Jacob Tonte in the lineup. And to BlueBolt... I can remember seeing a match as charged as the Castle/Yorktown match...the Castle/Perry Meridian match at team state last year.

Yes. Castle came along real well at the end of the year all of their wrestlers really improved throughout the year and without Tonte in the lineup and the intensity of team state for both teams would make it awesome. But we will probably never get wrestle backs for team state. Like Coach McCormick was saying, they worked so hard to get to team state and in 2000 and 2001 and have nothing to show for. To make it to team state is great, but why not reward the top 8 teams in the state instead of the top 2?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.