My Daughter's Record

bushmandonna

My daughter is an 8th grader at West Central Jr Sr High in Francesville. As of last night her record is 3 and 2. All 3 wins are by pin. Her losses are split one by a pin and the ohter by points. We have Midwest Conference this weekend at Caston.

Last night as I was leaving the meet I overheard the coach from the other team and one of his kids' parent talking saying that girls should be matmaids not wrestlers. It really upset me. Then I realized they were most likely the parents of the boy she just beat in 21 sec, and they (the dad) couldn't handle it.

• 6 months later...

Congratulations on these accomplishments.  There was a girl wrestling for Bourbon County in Kentucky the last two seasons that was pretty good.  She beat my jv guy by a point, and she gave my varsity guy a decent match, losing by 8 but not giving up the pin.  My varsity guy is very good, and is ranked in KY.  There was also a girl wrestling for Jeffersonville a couple of years ago that was very good; she pinned our varsity guy, who was also a pretty good wrestler.  Keep up the hard work. 

I believe her name is Hannah Stout.  She came to the KY USGWA tourney last February and was pretty good.  Do you know if she graduated?  We would love to see her again at the USGWA tourneys.  If you see any women wrestlers, please let them know about the USGWA and that they are welcome at any tournament.  They all are open for any women, not just from the state it is held in.  We'll be having the Midwest USGWA tourney again in St. Leon IN, just outside of Cincinnati and just 15 minutes from KY.

There are also several USAW events and women's camps in the summer. 

The women from Jeffersonville is Rebecca Cissell.  Yes, she is quite good.  2 time all american and went to King College in TN for women's wrestling.

Wrestling the guys is great!  But until they start wrestling other women at these state and national tourneys, they will be missing out on the best part of wrestling for women. 

Thanks for your comments!!!

Darren Strub

ISWA Women's Director