ISWA Women's Folkstyle State

strub1

Everyone get registered for the upcoming tourney next week on Trackwrestling.com

If you are in MS and have an early meet on Saturday, contact me and we will discuss with women participating for timing of matches.

Darren Strub

ISWA Women's Director

iswawmnsdirector@aol.com

513-375-4903

PEE-WEE ? BANTAM ? INTERMEDIATE ? NOVICE ? GIRL?S

FOLKSTYLE STATE FINALS

MARCH 6 - 7, 2010

Ben Davis High School

1200 N. Girls School Road, Indianapolis, Indiana 46214

Directions: Located on the west side of Indianapolis. ... I-465 to 10th Street West Exit, West on 10th Street to

Girls School Road, North (right) on Girls School Road, Ben Davis High School is on the left. Folkstyle Wrestling Schedule:

Saturday: 8:00 am Bantam, Intermediate and (Girls?All age divisions) Sunday: 8:00 am Pee-Wee and Novice

Registration

All wrestlers MUST pre-register for this event. Payment will be required when registering. Pre-

registration deadline is Wednesday, March 3rd. Entries will not be accepted after midnight on

this date. To pre-register go to: www.trackwrestling.com and click on event. If you need help...Call the office.

Weigh-ins

On-site weigh-ins for all age divisions will be held from 6:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday night. Weigh-ins for Pee-

Wee and Novice age divisions (only) will also be held on Saturday night from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Upon arrival,

wrestlers will pick-up their weigh-in card and proceed directly to skin checks and weigh-ins. All wrestlers must

weigh-in wearing a competition singlet. Additional modifications can be found on the Rule Modifications page

located elsewhere in this publication. USA Wrestling Competitor?s Card

A 2009-2010 USA Wrestling Competitor?s card is required to participate in this event. Cards are $30.00 will be available for purchase on site. If you have purchased a card and do not bring it with you, you will have to

purchase a temporary card. Records will be checked and if your registration is on file with the ISWA office, you will receive a $25 refund. Wrestlers who purchase a card out-of-state are not on file in Indiana.

Is there any chance of the girls tournament getting moved to Sunday next year.  Due to the middle school girls having meets.

That would be great!!! My daughter has a huge meet on Saturday at Rochester, and we don't get done til around 5, so there is no way we could make it.

DEFINITELY!!!!  The Folkstyle Tournament will be on Sunday next year!!  Everyone who is unable to make the tournament due to it being Saturday morning, please send me an email.  So, I can show to the board for proof of the entrants that would have participated.

Darren Strub

ISWA Women's Director

iswawmnsdirector@aol.com

We had a good showing in the middle age divisions.  There were several that were unable to attend due to conflicts with MS matches and other activities on Saturday and at least one due to injury.  We had 21 women participate and had numerous exhibitions.  Almost all women had 2 matches and several had 3 or 4 matches. 

As stated earlier, we will be having the Women's Folkstyle state on Sunday next year.  I will be pushing for a start later in the morning (11am) with same day weigh-ins. 

The official results can be found at this link: 

http://www.twnode2.com/opentournaments/MainFrame.jsp?sport=wrestling&TIM=1268062516654&pageName=&ie=false&frameSize=853

Thanks to all that participated and don't forget the upcoming USGWA Midwest Open March 20th and the ISWA Women's Freestyle State May 1st.

Darren Strub

ISWA Women's Director

iswawmnsdirector@aol.com