160 finals

iowawrestlingfan

Just to let you know,  the Tyler,  that all of you that booed him on Saturday was told that he has to have surgery on his shoulder now,  to prevent him from having further trouble with it.  He is going to get a second opinion on it tomorrow.

Who will be the first to say that the doctor doing the surgery is now in on the big conspiracy to get Willis to the Championship match?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not read all 12 pages so maybe this was covered. If his hand was that large due to fluids , AND i believe it was , I think the DR that allowed him to wrestle was completely wrong. The wrestlers health has to be the FIRST concern. What would be the reason to risk any further damage and maybe permenant. I for one am glad Sean did not go after that arm in the finals, or that it did not work out that am arm bar was the best move to turn Tyler. The possibilty of further injury was not worth the risk to wrestle.

Cam did not go out and try and hurt Ty, he as a great deal of respect for Tyler I talked to Cam before this match he goes out to WIN and that is that an injury happened in the process. It was to bad It started as a Legal move but the strength of Ty pulled the arm outside of the body which became illegal. It is tough for both wrestlers Great job to the final 4 at 160 great group. Quit trying to question these two great kids character. They both deserve all the respect just a horrible out come.

thats the best you can do?  "you sir are ignorant" - wow!

again - 1. was the move illegal?

2. was the kid hurt?

3.  was willis not 100% for the final match?

the answer to all of the above is yes, now i ask once again, who is the victim?

The ignorance I speak of is how people are speculating like they know all the facts.  I suppose that's what a discussion board is for, but it will take some time for everyone to get the straight scoop.  It was an unfortunate situation for both young men.  Bias makes people see the story however they wish to see it.  I think discussions such as these contribute to both boys becoming victims.

The ignorance I speak of is how people are speculating like they know all the facts.  I suppose that's what a discussion board is for, but it will take some time for everyone to get the straight scoop.  It was an unfortunate situation for both young men.  Bias makes people see the story however they wish to see it.  I think discussions such as these contribute to both boys becoming victims.

in that sense, I can agree.  I don't think anyone on here wanted to see the match end like it did.  I have no dog in this fight but I did want to state my opinion that Willis was getting raked for no reason.

WELL SAID RD I AGREE LETS CLOSE THIS THREAD Y2

Please close this thread!  Bottom line is this - Willis is a great kid as well as a great wrestler.  Tyler Willis does not need to see all of this junk on the board over something that he had NO CONTROL over.  His coaches did what was right at the time.  I know that most coaches would have done the same thing.  If they thought that Tyler would have been dominated in this match they would have defaulted.  AGAIN, the bottom line  is this!!!!! Illegal move, hurt opponent.  It is was a sad day for BOTH wrestlers!!!!!  I truly feel for both of them, but please quit attacking people.  LET THIS TOPIC GO 

Fact is.. he shouldn't have wrestled in the finals and i would of had no problem with the outcomes.. as a fan thats not something i wanted to see.. but that would have been the best outcome for both sides... and i beleive that if the doctor had ended that match he wouldn't have wrestled in the finals.. so therefore i dn't buy all the talk of the dr. not letting him continue...

Tyler does what his coaches tell him, if they would of told him he had to get up and finish he would have. Tyler was in pain and did what every wrestler does listen to his coaches. Tyler does not deserve to have people question him like this, anyone that knows TY knows that he is not a coward he will not take the easy way out ever him or his father both are great people and this is rediculous. PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD! the young man has went through enough this week all for of the 160 finalist put it to rest Great job guy's

in that sense, I can agree.  I don't think anyone on here wanted to see the match end like it did.  I have no dog in this fight but I did want to state my opinion that Willis was getting raked for no reason.

I totally agree!!!  Wow, people are getting along on here now! LOL

I just wanted to say i had the amazing honor of sitting in front of a suite of people that when tyler was getting announced for the finals match were chnting "hows your shoulder" and even heard little kids elling "you suck willis"

What an amazing example for children people are especially when these people obviously had no idea what they were talking about. People and actions like this can be the beginning of the downfall of Indiana wrestling's integrity.

All you people who keep doubting all these thing about what "really" happened, let give up now. You have all heard the straight facts from the people ON the mat, so let it go. Because at the end of the day, what happened happened and crying about it will never change the outcome.

Vlahos dead sprint to the locker room after the match did open some people's eyes that compete for their school's track team though.....just saying

We teach our kids to please try not to display frustrations in front of others in the gym.  As emotional as he was at the time, I'd say a dead sprint was a pretty good choice!  That was a pretty horrible situation for both boys, in my opinion.

We teach our kids to please try not to display frustrations in front of others in the gym.  As emotional as he was at the time, I'd say a dead sprint was a pretty good choice!  That was a pretty horrible situation for both boys, in my opinion.

We has some people sitting besides us that looked at me when he was running out.  I told them at least he made the smart and mature choice to find a hallway or corner to let the frustration out in instead of the other possible alternatives.

We has some people sitting besides us that looked at me when he was running out.  I told them at least he made the smart and mature choice to find a hallway or corner to let the frustration out in instead of the other possible alternatives.

Always a good option....We were talking last week that EVERY broken hand that I have ever witnessed at a wrestling tournament happened in a hallway?! ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.