Indiana-Illinois All-Star Duals (17th year)

Coach McCormick

This will be the 17th time that the top 2 senior wrestlers in each weight class from Indiana and Illinois will lock horns for the Indiana-Illinois All-Star Duals.  In 2008 Illinois won two close duals over the Indiana teams.  In 2009 the Hoosiers struck back in Crawfordsville, IN by sweeping the Illinois teams in both dual matches.

This year's event will be hosted by Illinois and will be held at Hinsdale South High School in Darien, IL.  This is a suburb of Chicago on the southwest side.  The event will take place on Sunday, March 14 beginning at 1pm.  Wrestlers are asked to report to Hinsdale South HS on Saturday, March 13 for a team practice and weigh-ins.  Further details will be included in the packet of information that will be passed out this week-end.

I will be passing out envelopes to the top two highest placing seniors in each weight class this Saturday evening.  I will also provide the third highest placing senior in each weight class with an alternate packet of information.

We would like to put together our two best senior all-star teams to do battle in Illinois in this historic annual event.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

Yorktown High School

Looks like you only have 13 weight classes left to find 2 seniors for.

103 has already been decided for the two going.

Zachary Stevens (40-3) 

Merrillville (12)

and

Dylan Hall (49-3)   

Evansville Harrison (12)

This is a pretty cool event.. but would make it even better is if we were just #1 & #2 VS #1 & #2 -no matter what grade the wrestler is, 9-12.  Has that ever been done b4?

I don't think prep athletes can be involved in all star meets.

This is a pretty cool event.. but would make it even better is if we were just #1 & #2 VS #1 & #2 -no matter what grade the wrestler is, 9-12.  Has that ever been done b4?

I believe they have regulations against underclassmen competeing in these type of event under the IHSAA or maybe even NFHS banners.  Something organized through USA Wrestling is a different story though I think theywould have to have an open contest to find the competators of that meet not just take the IHSAA results.

man I didnt even think about all the IHSAA rules and regulations.. they really complicate the whole All Star meet but I would love 2 someday see a ''Border Wars'' type tournament where we take the State Champions from IN, & our Sourounding states and have a true tournament of champions

Looks like you only have 13 weight classes left to find 2 seniors for.

103 has already been decided for the two going.

Zachary Stevens (40-3)   

Merrillville (12)

and

Dylan Hall (49-3)     

Evansville Harrison (12)

after Friday night 2 weight classes will be decided:

Logan Randle

and

Beck/Kuhn winner

Having been fortunate enough to be in on the inaugural duals, I can say it was definitely a highlight of my coaching career.  The chance to see so many great wrestlers in on location was awesome.  I hope the top two seniors in every weight class decide to take part in this event.  I just wish it would come all the way down here to the crotch of the state sometime.  I understand why it doesn't but I can still dream.

My son was priviledge enough to be able to compete in this last year and it is a wonderful day of wrestling. I don't think I've ever seen a practice with so many "studs" participating. It is a good chance for some of the local college recruiters to get a better look at some of the college prospects. We had a very good team last year defeating Illinois in the duals. Just a real exciting atomsphere. Being in Crawfordsville even made it somewhat close to home. ;D ;D Better than the northern end of the state. Too bad for the trip that far to Chicago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.